SHATTERED

Vir hasn't stepped out of his room since he got to know about purvi's departure. Somehow he managed to gather himself up and make all efforts to get her back. Just then there was a knock on the door. It was Veer.

Veer : Baba, darwaaza Kholiye please... (He was sobbing silently) bohot zaroori baat hai baba !!

Vir got a bit terrified. He immediately opened the door. Veer got shocked to see a strong built man like Vir in thid condition - dull, shabby face, red and swollen eyes due to excessive crying, untidy hair as if he had tried to pluck them off his scalp, unbuttoned kurta (the upper buttons were broken).

Vir spoke in a hoarse voice : key hua?

Veer (tears in his eyes and a glimpse of remorse) : Baba.. Purvi ji ke jaane ke baad maine police se unhe dhundne ke liye kaha. Vo niche... Niche aaye hai kuch kehne.... (He stammered while completing his sentence and couldn't go further)

Vir hurriedly rushed and stepped off the stairs, nearly slipping once. He felt little dizzy due to extreme stress and couldn't maintain balance.

His voice showed how freaked he was - key hua inspector saab? Kuch pata chala mukhiyain ka?

Inspector : Kya aap in kapdo ko pehchante hai? (He showed them a pair of cloths packed in a cellophane)

Vir's eyes widened and he immediately got hold of the packet. "Yo to meri bawari ka duppatta hai" he can never make a mistake in recognising her belongings. "key hua bawari ne?"

Inspector : Mukhi ji.. ye kapde aur kuch samaan (he pointed to some other objects oj distinctive packets) mila hai hume.

Vir looked at those packets. They were some family photos, snow globe (Which he had gifted her once) and a few cloths (of purvi and a black kurta of Vir which she might have taken along as his memoir).

Vir : Kaha se mila aapko ye sab?

Inspector : Sharshwat jane wali bus  kal raat khaai me gir gyi. Rescue squad ko ye samaan ek aurat ke pass mila jisne ye kapde (pointing) pahen rakhe the. Us bus ka koi bhi yaatri zinda nhi bach paya hai Mukhi ji... And we're very sorry to inform you ki Mukhiyain ji, ab is duniya main nhi rhi.

Vir's world came crashing in that very moment. The unimaginable has happened. He had lost his love, his reason to live, his everything. Words spoken in anger have costed him his bawari's life. And this time,  life didn't give him any chance to apologize, repent or amend his blunders. It has all ended for him... in a moment !!

*
Meanwhile inspector to Veer (fading voice) - blast ki vajah se bodies kafi hadd tak jal chuki hai aur isliye kisi ko bhi pehchaan pana namunkin hai. We can't hand you over the dead body of Mrs Purvi. We're sorry !!

*

Vir collapsed on his knees with a thud. His tears have dried up. All shock absorbers in his body have refused to work. He hated himself more than anything on this earth, and this burden of compunction was not letting him breathe. He banged bis head and shouted her name at the top of his lungs... "BAAWRRRRIIIIIII..... BAAAAAAWRRRIII..........!!💔" He sat in the same position, weeping over his luck, over his loss.

Sudha was taken aback by the news. Purvi was her support, during all situations, however tough they might be. "Purvi.... Ye sab kya ho gya kanha ji.....!!" She was aggrieved.

Just then Juhi and Manas arrived, they have partially heard the news. "Sudha massi, kya ab haathi kabhi laut kar nhi aayegi...?" They asked with tears in thier eyes. The kids have lost their mother once again. Juhi turned to Vir "aap bohot bure ho baba..." She shouted. "naa haathi aapki vajah se ye ghar chodke jaati naa ye sab hota..." she began crying loudly, hugged her brother

Nandini followed her little siblings. She wanted to be there for them st such delicate moments.

Veer came forward to console Sudha, "aap sab ki galtiyon ki saza humari dost bhugat rhi hai.."

Veer : Purvi ji ne bohot kuch kiya hai mere liye, par maine unke saath bohot galat kiya. Agar tum mujhe maaf kar dogi to shayad mera guilt kuch kam ho.

Veer too cried. He have had a short interaction with purvi, but that was enough for him to realise how pure a soul she was.

*
*
*
*
There was nothing left in this world that Could excite Vir now. He had lost all interest and fun in life He didn't cry much, instead decided to cherish the pain - to punish himself.

He locked himself in his room, just setting it right to evoke more memories of his bawari, and thus more pain !

He placed Purvi's portrait right in front of the bed so that he could always see her. Also, he got a couples of pictures framed of himself with her - some memories of thier happy times!!..

He placed her belongings or scattered them throughout the room. So that he could feel her presence all around him.

He broke off the topmost button of all his kurtas, hoping she would sew them someday. And if she didn't, then he'll continue wearing them like this - to always keep in mind what little things she did for him !

Since the day, he resolved to never wear a 'black kurta' and 'blue pagdi' as it was her favorite. And he won't be wearing it again for anyone else except for his bawari.

He gave up on keeping his things organised she was the one arranging everything right for him, be it in the their room or their life. And after she left, everything fell out of place, then what was the meaning of a well - organised room?

No one in the house was allowed to enter his room, just in case they touched something and Bawari (who now lives in Vir's heart) didn't like it. It was only Vir and his bawari in thier bedroom.

He hardly spent anytime with his family. All his day for panchayat and other official works and his nights were only meant to repent in her memory and miss Her💔

Vir staring at purvi's picture -

Saari duniya se thak kar jab mai yaha aata hu to manne sukoon milta hai. Teri tasveero aur teri chijo se bhare is kamre me aakar tere saath bitaya har pal meri aankho ke saamne zinda ho jaata hai. Sakshi ki yaadon ko to maine ek kamre main samet kar band kar diya tha, par teri yaadon ke saath to mai jee raha hun.

Mai khud se nafrat karne laga hun, khud se hi nazre naa mila pata ki aakhir kaise maine tujhse itni kadwi baatien keh di.

He cried.

Tera kroor singh tere bina adhura hai, bohot bohot pyaar karta hun mai mai tere ta....! Laut aa bawari mhare pass, laut aa.....!! Zindagi ek saza ban chuki hai ib, aur sirf tu manne azaad kar sakti hai isseeee... (He knew he's asking for something that might never happen. Par dil ko wo kaise samjhaye, jo sirf bawari naam le kar dhadakta hai aur yahi prathna karta hai ki kismat ose ek aur mauka de apne pyaar ko pura karne ka)

Tere dil ka mere dil se rishta ajeeb hai,

Milo ki hai dooriyan, par dhadkan kareeb hai!!❤

And somehow in this cosmos, his prayer was answered - his bawari regained her normal breathing. Admitted in ICU, ina a nearly lifeless condition. But actually, somewhere a heart cried for another and destiny had to change its coarse !!

                    **THE END**