IF I KILL THEM THEY CAN'T KILL ME

Darius was no hot-blooded fool. On the contrary, he was quite the cowardly young man. A certain individual had noticed this aspect in the young man and sought to rectify it, resulting in the young man completely letting go by becoming Indomitable.

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Darius could hear his heart beating...

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Like a war drum inciting him to battle!

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

It thrummed like it would leap out of his chest and soar through the air, the rhythmic muscular contractions guiding it through the sky. It pounded like the roar of an army on the march.

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

His heart's racing boiled his blood with an intensity completely alien to him, bordering on pain. Something festered inside him, raging like an unfettered wave wandering across the open seas.

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Darius subconsciously charged toward his foe and failed to notice that he was nearing it faster than he had thought. After all, while he ran for it, it slithered to him, and it was much faster.

Ba-dum

By the time he noticed, the serpent was only a few steps away, but it was not too late. Darius knew he had one more step of space, and he intended to use it wisely.

His hammer was attached to his right arm while his left arm was free. Darius quickly took his last step, his foot landing with as much force as he could exert.

Ba-dum

The step induced a small shockwave that made dust clouds rise, not a threat to the serpent at all, so it hurtled forward with the same intense vigor. Darius's previous step had been taken by his left foot, so his free left arm dangled to his side, completely unprotected. The serpent made this its target, widening its large maw and revealing sharp fangs. When it was just a few centimeters from biting off Darius's hand, it happened.

Ba-dum!

A heartbeat resounded, followed by a flash glinting from Darius's right.

"Die!"

Bang!

Before the serpent could register anything else, its head collapsed. Darius smashed it into the ground with a force unnatural for a boy to possess.

Boom!

It was at this point as Lara prepared to confront her foe that a loud noise stopped her and the serpent dead in their tracks. It sounded as if thunder had struck down from the ninth heaven. It was a roar so loud and intense that Lara could not help but cover her ears.

The girl and her foe slightly shifted their heads, only to be utterly gobsmacked. There was no serpent: only Darius, a headless coil writhing about, and a five-meter-wide crater in the ground.

"It's over? Just like that?"

Lara couldn't understand what had happened. As far as she was concerned, Darius was strong but not this strong. The jade serpents were powerful creatures not to be underestimated. Since Lara had trained and Darius had not, she had assumed she would finish her fight before him because she had the assistance of Spirit Arts while it was obvious that Darius did not. According to her logic, if he had them, he would have used one by now. Lara gazed at her opponent, yet the two-headed jade serpent was also befuddled. It could not understand how its partner had been disposed of so quickly by someone who seemed so weak.