vii. everything is fine

DADDY ISSUES ━━ CHRISTIAN CAGE

vii. everything is fine

ALEXIA BALDWIN NEVER HAD A normal life. Never. Her father was in and out of her life but when he was in her life, he wasn't there all at the same time.

From a young age, she hated her life.

AGE 3 ━━ 1997

MOST PEOPLE DON'T REMEMBER MUCH from the young, ripe age of three. Maybe it was the trauma starting from such a young age that caused Alexia to remember so much. Maybe it was just because she just had a good memory. Whatever it was, she remembered everything.

Her first memory was a sad, scary memory. It was her first traumatic thing that had happened to her.

Her father beating her mother.

At this point, her mother was begging her father to just stop. Caroline was begging for her husband of 10 years to just stop. "Robert, please!" The young French girl yelled. Alexia was sitting on the couch, too startled to even lift a finger.

For being so young, she was extremely smart. She had to learn how to be quiet around her father, tiptoe around her father.

Alexia was extremely smart and she knew that there was nothing she could do.

Alexia started to scream as loud as she could, letting out a loud and fearful scream. "Robert, stop! Please!" Caroline screamed again, just wanting to hold her daughter and tell her that everything was gonna be okay.

Robert grabbed Caroline by the collar of her shirt, "Don't fucking underestimate me next time." Robert said through gritted teeth, slamming Caroline on the floor. Robert turned around and pushed everything off the table angrily, then throwing a glass at the wall. Caroline knew she couldn't say a word otherwise the situation would get worse.

Robert grabbed his keys and left, leaving the front door open. The cold Montreal winter air started to flow into the home. Caroline was still on the floor, waiting to hear Robert's car leave. Once it did, Caroline got up as fast as she could and grabbed Alexia.

"Maman!" Alexia sobbed, putting her face in the nape of her mother's neck. "Maman!" Alexia cried again, Caroline rubbing her back. "Shh, it's okay. Maman is here." Caroline said. Once Alexia looked at her mother she saw just how hurt she was.

At the age of three, Alexia didn't quite understand the severity of the situation. Her mother was covered in blood. Her father really hurt her mother.

It wasn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last time Alexia saw her mother get harmed by her father.

AGE 10 ━━ 2004

"DAD HATES ME DOESN'T HE?" Alexia asked with tears in her eyes. Her father had just disappeared once again. It was out of nowhere because Robert had just promised her three weeks ago that he was gonna come to her field trip to the planetarium. She had been trying to get ahold of her father to remind him but she did figure he'd remember.

Everyone else's parents got checked off the list because they actually showed up. All her classmates parents showed up. Alexia was so embarrassed that her father simply didn't show up.

"No, chéri, your dad doesn't hate you." Caroline said softly. Alexia pulled away from her mothers embrace, "Yes he does, maman!" Alexia exclaimed, her tears falling down her cheeks. "Dad hates me! He always leaves us! Dad promised me! Dad promised me that he'd come to my field trip and he didn't show up! My own dad hates me!" Alexia screamed, starting to sob.

Alexia stormed upstairs, sitting on her bed and crying. All she could do was cry. Her father had failed her once again. Caroline lightly knocked on the door, opening it. She couldn't stand to hear her little girls sobs sound through the house. Caroline sat down next to her ten year old daughter, just hugging her and letting her cry.

Robert had failed her once again.

AGE 16 ━━ 2010

ALEXIA BARELY REMEMBERED WHERE SHE was. All she remembered was coming here with her boyfriend, Vincent. She always called him Vinnie, though.

Vinnie.

Oh, Vinnie.

Vincent Tremblay was one of the most popular frat boys in his college. He was twenty one years old and attractive. Maybe it was his looks that first interested Alexia. Maybe it was all the attention he'd given her that interested Alexia.

Whatever it was, she wanted him forever.

"Come on, Lex." Vinnie said, nodding at the stairs as he laid rough, wet kisses on the soft skin of her neck. "Hm?" Alexia hummed, "Let's go upstairs." Vinnie hummed. Alexia was extremely drunk and it was all Vinnie's fault.

Vinnie had been feeding her alcohol and drugs all night. Her breath smelt of alcohol and her clothes were laced with the smell of weed. Vinnie had even convinced her to take ecstasy with him and she did. Alexia would do anything as long as he loved her.

Loved her

He never loved her.

"M'kay.." Alexia slurred, not even realizing what was happening. Vinnie grabbed her but Alexia immediately fell into his side, barely being able to hold herself up. Vinnie helped her into his bedroom, locking the door behind him as she flopped onto the bed. Vinnie slowly crawled up the bed, starting to kiss her.

No response.

He slowly slid his hand between her thighs, rubbing the skin of her legs slowly as he started to kiss her chest. She was drunk, extremely drunk. Alexia didn't know what to do. Should she let him keep going? Should she stop him? Alexia was scared. She was so fucking scared. This was normal, right? This was how he showed her he loved her, right?

Alexia thought this was all going to be okay because he loved her.

No. No, this wasn't going to be okay.

'Everything is fine. Everything is fine. Everything is fine, Alexia.' She thought to herself.

Everything was not fine.

As he inched his hand closer to the inside of her legs, the fear really kicked in. Alexia wanted to say or do something but every muscle in her body seemed to have stopped working. Vinnie had started to slowly lift her dress up, starting to unbuckle his pants. Alexia wanted to scream but nothing would come out. All she could do was stare at the ceiling while he started to thrust into her.

Alexia was only sixteen.

━━ AUTHORS NOTE !
Here's a small, short update that I wrote today! This was a little look into Alexia's childhood and what really happened to her as a child. This is not everything. There will most likely be more later on. But for now, I hope you all are enjoying this :)