Chapter XXXXII: I Begin My Intensive Training

"Here we are again."

I barely managed to suppress a sigh of relief at hearing Percy's voice. Chiron had wrapped Percy's hand entirely in bandages and Annabeth had been feeding him nectar and ambrosia, and we still weren't sure that would be enough. So, saying we were all relieved would be an understatement.

"You idiot." Annabeth told Percy.

"You were green and starting to go grey when Penny and I found you." Max informed him, his voice laced with uncharacteristic seriousness.
"If it weren't for Chiron..."

"Now, now. Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit." Chiron said.
"How are you feeling?"

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved." Percy responded.

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened? Penny has already shared some of the story with us, but I would like to know what you can tell us as well." Chiron requested.

Percy grimaced, but began telling the story. He told us about how Luke had been the thief all along, how he'd stolen the bolt with the intent of delivering it to Kronos in Tartarus, how he'd been caught by Ares, how Luke had been the one who had summoned the hellhound during capture the flag, how he had given Percy the cursed sneakers in the hope that they would drag Percy into Tartarus with the bolt.

There was some silence after he finished. Most of the things he had mentioned had already been relayed to the others by me, but I imagine that if my words were the suggestion, Percy's were the confirmation.

"I can't believe that Luke..." Annabeth began before stopping, her grey eyes becoming harsher.
"Yes. Yes I can believe it. May the gods curse him... He was never the same after his quest."

"I should have seen it." Max added.
"It's not like he tried to hide his feelings towards the gods."

"This must be reported to Olympus. I will go at once." Chiron decided.

"Luke is out there right now. I have to go after him." Percy said.

The centaur shook his head. I couldn't really blame him. Percy could barely stand. If he were to go after Luke now, he would fall dead as soon as he crossed the border.

"No, Percy. The gods..."

"Won't even talk about Kronos! Zeus declared the matter closed!" Percy protested.

"Percy, I know this is hard. But you must not rush out for vengeance. You are not ready."

Percy looked like he wanted to argue more. But after glancing at his hand he realized, like the rest of us, that Chiron was right.

"Chiron... your prophecy from the Oracle... it was about Kronos, wasn't it? Was I in it? And Annabeth, Penny and Max?" Percy asked hesitantly.

I frowned. I didn't think I could be part of a prophecy. After all, I was just one of many children of Apollo.

"Percy, it isn't my place..."

"You've been ordered not to talk to me about it, haven't you?" Percy guessed.

"You will be a great hero, child. I will do my best to prepare you. But if I'm right about the path before you..."

Chiron was cut off by a loud rumbling of thunder that shook the whole building.

"Alright! Fine!" Chiron sighed in exasperation.
"The gods have their reasons, Percy. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."

"We can't just sit back and do nothing!" Percy argued.