=͟͟͞͞➳❥ Chapter 3 "Backtalk?"

I followed Mr. Ackerman down the entire spiral staircase until I was back down on level one. We entered the blue wing, and I followed suit as he led me to room 113. 

The room was empty of students, meaning he probably didn't have a first period to teach. He walked towards the desk towards the back of the room, where he set down his coffee and took a seat. 

"Come here," he ordered. "And close the door."

I turned around and closed the door, then turned back and started towards his desk. I settled on the other side of his desk, face to face with this Mr. Ackerman. He was sitting down in his desk chair. 

He must be new, I thought. I have never seen him before. 

Now that I wasn't in a frantic state of affairs, I was able to actually get a good look at him this time. 

His hair was parted down the middle but in a cute, professional way. His eyes were a very pale blue, but I could tell he was angry; even if his eyes were drained of color. He wore a gray button-down, with the first 3 unbuttoned, showing his strong collarbones. Whether that was for the heat of the summer or to show off his chest, I couldn't tell. His shoulders were wide, and his shirt tightened around his muscles. His elbows were supported by the desk, and he had his right hand up near his face, resting below his chin. 

The quiet lasted for a long time, the silence made me embarrassed. I hoped he didn't notice that I had been practically checking him out this entire time. Fuck, I thought. 

But when I looked back up at his eyes, I wasn't as embarrassed because I noticed he was checking me out too. Should I be flattered? Or weirded out? I mean we have to be practically the same age. He noticed my gaze and looked up into my eyes. I just stared back. 

The morning bell rang, signaling the beginning of first period. 

That must have pulled him out of whatever deep thought he was in, because he then started to speak. 

"Miss..." He gestured with his hand for me to finish his sentence for him. 

"Y/l/n," I responded. 

"Miss y/l/n, it seems that this is some predicament we find ourselves in, no?" He got up from his seat and came to the side of his desk that I was standing on and leaned against his desk. 

He glanced down at my tie, then back up to my eyes. "That green tie, Miss y/l/n, does that mean you're a senior?"

I grabbed my green tie in my hands and looked down. "Yes sir."

He leaned over to me, so close I could hear his breathing. He placed his right pointer finger under my chin and tilted my chin up. 

"Eyes up here," he smirked and leaned back against his desk, crossing his arms. 

My face immediately got hot, and I felt my cheeks heat with red. 

"You tell me, shouldn't a senior like yourself know the rules of this school?"

I looked back down. "Yes sir."

"Miss y/l/n," he smirked again. "Am I going to have to give you a lesson on rules and manners? Eyes up here when I'm talking to you."

My pride got the best of me. I didn't look up. I hate being told what to do, and twice for that matter. I was too embarrassed of the coffee stain and the fact that I made a teacher spill his coffee all over me, I was in no mood to look at him. I looked down to hide my embarrassment. 

I watched as he walked back to his side of the desk. He ripped a paper off a stack of something, and I listened as he furiously scribbled something down. 

After a minute or so, he was done and came back to my side of his desk. 

"Here," he held the sheet of paper out in front of him. "A lesson on rules and manners awaits you tomorrow after class."

I looked up at him, my eyes widening. "What?" I asked and took the paper from him. Sure enough, a detention signed by Mr. Ackerman was in my hands. The reasoning on the line was 'for running in the hallways and profanity'.

"Profanity? Is this a joke? I didn't swear at you!" I didn't mean to shout, but I was so mad that my voice got louder. 

"Now she makes eye contact with me," he crossed his hands over his chest. "And, for your information, I remember you exclaiming 'fuck' as you dropped your phone." He bit his lips when he said 'fuck' in an almost seductive way. 

I don't know if it was an embarrassment for thinking of him like that or anger that I was getting a detention that made my cheeks turn red. One way or another, my cheeks were definitely red. 

"Please Mr. Ackerman, is there anything I can do? It's my first day of senior year and I really don't want to have a detention on my record!" My anger rose as I spoke. 

"Maybe you should have thought of that before you decided to break the rules."

"Well, you're at fault too! You should have watched where you were going!" 

"Backtalk?" He straightened his posture and looked down at me.

I cowered and looked down. I'll pull my trump card. 

I started to cry. Sniffling, I turned my back to him. 

After a minute or two of silence, I heard shuffling from behind me, and then boom, I saw the extension of the olive branch. Mr. Ackerman held out a tissue box to me.

Score

I looked back up, giving him the biggest puppy dog eyes as I wiped my tears and said, "Thank you, sir."

"Alright, Miss y/l/n. I won't be giving you a detention. But, I will be asking you to stay after school every day this week to help me with paperwork."

As I began to protest, he stopped me saying, "If you would take a look in my trash bin, there are all the syllabi you ruined this morning after our little meeting."

Oh, the papers I ruined. He ruined. We ruined. 

"Look, there won't be any detention slips to sign, but I still want you to come in after school to help. Think of it as a debt to pay off. However," he came closer. "If you decide to skip a day, there will be consequences," he eyed me up and down. "Am I clear?" His pale blue eyes stared intensely at me. 

I slowly nodded. "Yes sir."

As I was about to turn around and leave, Mr. Ackerman said, "Not so fast."

I turned back around to witness him begin to unbutton his gray shirt.

"Um, Mr. Ackerman?"