« five »

When Jungwoo stumbled upon Sicheng standing on the rooftop, he furrowed his eyebrows at the sight he saw. He had never seen the elder leave his office, even if it was for a small break. What surprised him doubly was that Sicheng held half a cigar in between his index and middle finger whilst looking below at the buildings around their office block.

"Hey, Sicheng Hyung!" greeted Jungwoo as he witnessed a few black clouds of smoke float by. He handed the elder his coffee, which received a mumbled thanks. "I never knew you smoked."

"I never knew you had a boyfriend. Guess we all learn new things from each other, right?" joked Sicheng. "I saw him kiss you before you came to work. You two are quite cute together."

Jungwoo blushed as he looked away from the elder. They leaned against the fence surrounding the rooftop of the office. "Hyung, have you ever dated someone?"

"Yeah, I have," reminisced the Chinese.

"Really? I've never seen him. How long have you been dating?"

"Five years."

"Where's he from?"

Sicheng chortled. "Quite curious, aren't you? He's from Japan."

The Korean male gave a playful eye roll. "It won't hurt to be a bit curious, will it? So how did you two meet?"

"It was when we collaborated with Ikigai Inc. When I met him, he was constantly bothering me until I eventually started warming up to him."

"Ooh~" sang Jungwoo.

The Korean male asked a few more questions on Yuta, which Sicheng answered happily.

"Woah, you guys must get along well, since you're smiling and in a dazed state as you talk about him!" giggled Jungwoo.

"We did get along," softly smiled Sicheng, a hint of sadness evident in his voice.

He took another drag of his cigar, making Jungwoo change the topic.

"Hyung?"

"Hm, Jungwoo?"

"Doesn't your boyfriend tell you to stop smoking?"

The question made Sicheng stop midway from taking another puff. He let out a dry laugh.

"How would my angel Yuta stop me from smoking when he couldn't do the same? Now, he's joined the other angels, and hopefully, his lungs aren't black and covered with tar anymore."

"Oh..."

"I'll head back to the office. Enjoy your time here," spoke Sicheng before taking the stairs down to his office, leaving a stunned Jungwoo on the rooftop.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ──────  ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

The ashtray on his table was full.

That was his ninth cigarette that day.

He was already too addicted.

Sicheng wanted to go back.

Go back to when all he was addicted to was Yuta's love.

"The day you quit is the day you'll be able to get a step closer to freedom. Please love, don't let your lungs turn black like mine."