Two years.

It had been a long two years for remus. A long, long two years. Of course he knew that for anyone to transform into a savage bloodthirsty beast once a month they'd have to have some self control in normal situations. Sadly, for remus, this was becoming alarmingly difficult.

He had known for a long time that.. That he.. that he "bat for the other quidditch team" as a certain Mr James potter had been kind enough to say once remus had confessed it too him a few weeks ago. James immediately enquired as to why remus was coming out to him rather than too Sirius. Remus had stuttered at this and gone the same shade of red as James had done after lily hexed his hair to turn blue and into a Mohawk every time he said her name.

"Merlin remus..." James had muttered. A ghost of a smile dashing across his face. "I always thought.. Y'know, something was up with you two."

Remus had gone even redder at this point and was trying to look up at the other boy without bursting into tears. He was unsuccessful.

"Hey moony, don't cry. Sirius isn't worth your tears" Remus nodded meekly and carried on with his transfiguration homework "and he certainly won't be when I'm finished with him. " James muttered to himself, grabbing his wand and storming out.

Remus shook his head and rushed to potions as he remembered the conversation. It had shaken him and he didn't want to be late. He tried to clear all thoughts of sirius from his mind as he ran down the empty corridors.

After James' and Remus' conversation, Sirius' pov:

Sirius had known he was at least bisexual the first time he had laid his eyes upon Remus Lupin in their first year. It was impossible not to realise that he had feeling that could not be considered "brotherly" for the other boy. He had tried to conceal his feelings from everyone, even himself. He had gone out with plenty of girls and kissed a lot of them, but he had never actually had sex.. He didn't tell anyone that because he didn't want anyone thinking he was strange. He was waiting for remus.

It was cheesy he knew, but the fact that remus had had so little in his life to be thankful for made him want to persevere this even more. Even though sirius knew that remus was straight. And didn't like him.

It was when such thoughts as these came to mind that he was thankful to see a certain james potter aka prongsypoo heading up the hill. Although the aforementioned prongsiepoopus had a rather murderous expression on his face and seemed to be heading straight for sirius. What had happened? Had Lily snogged Snivelleus? Oh MERLINS that might be it!

"SIRIUS"

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy this was not going to be good because it was very clear to Sirius that the anger was directed at him.

"Heya prongsiepoob!" Sirius tried in a cocksure manner, starting to act as if nothing was wrong and that his insides were not churning up.

"Sirius we need to talk"

"Now listen james im not sure about the vibe I was giving off before, but I'm not interested in you" he said, earning a laugh from the girls behind him. He sat down with them and acted as if james was not there.

"About moony."

there, in two simple words, James had Sirius at his disposal. He wouldn't never admit to james that he loved the scrawny boy. But he would follow someone through fire to reach moony, to see him, to hear his name. It made Sirius heart beat far too fast.

He grabbed James' hand and pulled him back towards the castle. "What's this about? Is he okay?" He yelled franctically.

"Tell him you love him"

whattt? James knew? He couldn't possibly know, no one knew. Unless he's worked it out. And that meant that if someone as badly observant as prongs could. Moony definitely could.
He decided to pretend like nothing was wrong and that he didn't love remus.

"Psh, what are you talking about prongs? I don't love moony ?" He said, sounding a little bit too stuttery to be believable.

"If you don't tell him. I will"

"Why should I?" Sirius asked his friend, his best friend, his brother. With hurt in his eyes and a lump in his throat Sirius met James' stones glare.

"Because you've messed about with every girl in the school without considering that he loves you, you've pulled so many pranks without thinking how this effects him, you've stood there, a grin on your face and a girl on each arm when all the man you love wants is you. You're killing yourself and him. "

James walked away leaving a very confused, panicked and worried Sirius.

Remus pov: the present day

Remus kept on running to potions with thoughts of Sirius invading his mind, it had been incredibly difficult to keep the wolf at bay recently as his feeling had gotten stronger, his wolfish senses wanted to grab Sirius and snog him senseless. His mind always screaming "mate mate mate mate mate" he was part of a pack, a pack that needed mates.

He turned the corner to reach the dungeons when a hand grabbed him out of no where and pulled him into a abandoned classroom. Remus thought he knew who it was just by touch, the way his heart was set alight by the shudders this boy gave him, he prayed it wasn't. But his face flushed and he just croaked out, "Sirius, what?"

"Ismaklpaua" was the response he got.

"What?" Remus said, getting more flushed by the second.

"Im inobe" he managed to make out this time.

"Once more" he said, trying to get the boy he loved to speak before the wolf overcame him.

"Remus there's something I need to tell you, if I don't James will and I'm not prepared to kill the idiot yet. Moony- "

His voice cracked as he tried to say Remus' nickname, the one he was given by the best friends a boy could ever ask for. Remus felt his face flushed and yet he couldn't tear his eyes away from the Dog Star he loved so much.

"Moony- I love you, I love everything about you and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner and if you hate me and don't want to be friends I understand but I-"

there were tears streaming down Sirius' face now, and the wolf inside Remus lurched, he'd been keeping it down for months , years! But this was all he needed.

He grabbed Sirius and pinned him up against the wall, their mouths connecting In a flurry of hands and tounge and teeth and a low growl from remus that Sirius thought was the sexiest noise he'd ever heard. Sirius shook with pleasure and didn't want to stop but as air was needed they broke free. Hands tangled together, hair screwed up.

"So I guess we're ditching potions?" Sirius laughed, breathing heavily. They lay together, two men brought together by fate, who loved eachother with everything they had.

Mate.