Prologue

Deep in the forest Toby awakens under a Blood Red Sky. Hearing the leaves crack underneath his back, he sits up Dazed and Confused looking all around him. He smells something burning.

He sees that all the trees around him are on fire, the ashes falling to the ground like snow he gets up in a panic and looks down at his feet and he sees two hatchets. One is brand new with a polished orange handle, the other one with a cracked wooden handle and a dull blade.

He reaches out to pick up the hatchets and sees blood on his hands, he's terrified but at the same time feels a strange sense of relief. He looks in the distance and sees a figure. He doesn't recognize it. He calls out to it and gets no answer.

Suddenly there's a loud ringing in his ears and everything around him begins to warp the figure gets closer and closer. Before he knows it black tendrils start to Branch out Every Which Way from the creatures back inching closer and closer to his feet. they begin to wrap around his ankles.

Toby is screaming internally but there's no noise being made he cannot move. Amidst all the chaos a voice is calling out to him "Toby... my child". Toby jumps up out of bed in a cold sweat, his mom yelling his name from downstairs "Toby! You're going to be late for school, the bus is almost here!" Toby rushes and gets his clothes on. "I-i'm coming mom" he stammers.