A Pool Party || 10

"-and then oppa, oppa! listen to me!"

"yes kiddo, i'm listening." jimin nods, keeping his eyes on the counter where he's preparing some sandwiches for the himself and the boys after losing the game of rock-paper-scissors.

aera jumps beside him, head tilted up and her gaze desperately lingering at the brother's face, "what did i say?" she interrogates him, earning a soft chuckle as he glance down at her.

"that you were going to kookie but slipped and fell on your butt?" she gasps, staring at him for a second, making him scrunch his face as he leans down, bumping his forehead against hers, "oppa's always listening." he winks at her, and she giggles.

"yes," she says, going back to continue her story and starts from where she left, telling him how jungkook and taehyung laughed at her. "they're so mean, my butt still hurts, oppa."

"so, kookie and taetae need some scolding hm?"

"yeah," aera nods, "and beating- oppa, you're hyungie, so you spank koo and taetae and make their butt hurt!"

jimin laughs loudly at the idea from the ten-year-old, dropping the butter knife from his hand as he clutches the counter instead, leaning on his side while laughing his guts off.

"what's so funny?" the eldest arrives, placing an empty tray on the counter, glancing at the grinning girl and then at jimin who is apparently dying from a laughter attack.

"oh god, hyung-" jimin starts but soon breaks into another fit of laughter, not even completing his sentence.

jin frowns in amusement, staring at jimin clutching his shoulder and throwing himself on the elder, "did you tell him a really nice joke?" he asks, glancing at aera.

"no," she shakes her head, "i said koo and taetae are being mean, so jiminie oppa will spank them make their butt hurt. because- because they laughed at me when i fell down."

"my goodness, spank them?" jin laughs, turning to jimin who shakes his head, wiping his tears that formed all this while of laughing.

"aish!" jimin breathes deeply a few times, gaining himself together, but fails and ends up laughing again on seeing jin laughing his world famous windshield-wiper laugh.

"stop laughing, it's not that funny." aera says, "where's my juice oppa?"

"there..." jimin points at the yellow cup with a straw and a lid, on the side of the counter, still busy laughing with jin. "hyung stop, my stomach hurts..." he says in between trying calm himself down.

"spank them" jin says and bursts out laughing again. "oh my god! this kid is amazing!"

aera nods, sipping on her cold mango juice and giggles, "i'm amazing."

"aera!" yoongi's voice calls from outside, "come here, you wanted your floaty right?"

"yes!" the girl replies, placing the cup on the counter and runs outside towards the pool where the rest of the boys are, some sitting under the shade, some swimming or just enjoying a cool drink under the sun.

"what's taking them so long?" hoseok asks.

"oppa's laughing," aera says.

"why?"

"because they wan' spank kookie and taetae."

"what?"

"they're mean so punishment!" aera says impatiently, keeping her focus on yoongi as he inflates her ice cream floaty, not minding the laughs from hoseok and namjoon and a minor chuckle from yoongi too.