𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃

VII | "I've seen it."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HERE THEY WERE, ONCE AGAIN, IN THE SAME PLACES AS THE DAY BEFORE. Except everyone's eyes were on Margeaux instead, for she held the verdict. She stood from her chair and walked across the room. Passing Felix, Alice, Edward and Bella, she went straight to her father.

He rose expectantly, holding a hand out to her. Aro looked far too excited for whatever was to happen next. For the second time in her life, his venomous red eyes were beaming with pride at her. No matter if she chose to keep them alive or murder them all, he was just ecstatic she was actively participating. Whether or not his other King rulers agreed with him was another matter entirely.

"What is your verdict, my dear?" Taking her palm in his cold, paper hands, his eyebrows arched with intrigued.

A stare down between father and daughter that could level a small city. For a moment, Aro saw Valerie. Her extravagant air and striking colored eyes. Her passions were written before him on weathered, golden pages. Signed in ichor.

His lips curled in a sanctimonious smile that didn't give much of anything away. He turned towards his brothers, staring down Marcus a little too long to make a unspoken point. "It would seem, Margeaux has proposed a solution to the trouble our friend has found himself in."

"Well, out with it." Caius jested imprudently.

Marcus sighed, "Patience, brother."

"Isabella must be changed or perish," Aro announced it slightly above natural volume, which created a grandness around the room. His voice echoing off the high cathedral ceiling. "Ispirato, Margeaux!" He praised. (inspired)

Edward clenched his jaw tightly, boring holes in the profile of Margeaux's face. Although, it was a more peaceful option, Edward only saw his mate being forced to change. He didn't want her to be stuck with this life like he was. There was something innocent about humanity in his eyes, unlike Margeaux who sees everyone for who they were. It deeply displeased him.

"What say you, Edward?" Aro spun on his heel to face the Mindreader.

The sight of Marge and Aro on the same marble step, mere echoes of each other triggered an epiphany within him. One that could ruin the hierarchy of the entire Volturi... but he saved it, in case he wasn't for certain.

"That's not possible," He gritted.

Aro clicked his tongue, clasping his hands together. "So, what do we do with you now?"