0

The small footprints of a young girl marked the dark hallway, making their way around the large palace. A cloak covered her small frame, it's hood and veil shadowing her pale youthful skin. She fiddled nervously with her fingers, feeling the blood pumping faster thru her veins.

There was not a single soul to be seen in this part of the palace, the ones being sent here had all reasons to be nervous. The little girl had only been there two times before, when she got there and when her abilities were tested. But that was years ago and something everyone had to go thru. The ones who was directed there was either sent away on their life mission, expelled or punished. The girls was to young to be sent away, meaning it had to be bad. Meeting the Mother Superior in her private quarters was no good for a girl her age.

Her steps stopped outside the tall dark doors. The cold atmosphere surrounding her touched her sweaty palms making her rub them dry down over her black dress. She took a deep breath before readying her hand to knock.

"I can't believe she birthed a son, selfish, and now we have to clean up her mess." A hushed voice hissed on the other side of the wooden door. "The universe is not ready yet, decades of work maybe spoiled." The voice added sending shivers running down the girls spine. She closed her eyes and focused on the unknown conversation.

"I've always said she's to risky to rely on." Another voice said.

"Huh, you have always said a lot of things." The first voice snapped back in annoyance. "A lot of them never true." She added sternly. The room went quiet for a second. "But we have her, she may be our last hope." She then said making the girls eyes open again.

"She is at the bottom of our lessons, stern and only makes trouble." The other voice said making the child frown.

"But her ancestors is ultimate." She answered her, making the girls heart drop. Ancestors? "She can create the ultimate object, the chosen one and put a end to our-"

The girl quickly knocked in panic making the conversation go silent cold.

"Enter!"

She quickly opened the door and stepped into the dark gloomy room. She kept her stare down on the ground walking further into the room. The room felt colder then any rooms in the large settlement.

"Eleonora."

"Mother Superior." Her small voice said, bowing her head in the voices direction. "You wanted to speak with me." She quietly added, her blood pumping even faster after hearing the new information. She slowly looked away from the floor and up to the frightening woman standing before her. Her cold stare met her innocent one.

"Yes." She said sitting down in the chair behind her. "Leave us!" She yelled at the other woman, quickly looking her way. Her glance followed the woman walking towards the door and returned to the girl once the door closed. She stared her down for a while before letting out a grunt. "Sit!" She ordered making Eleonora rush over to the seat in front of her superior mother. The small girls feet dangled off the chair, sitting quietly waiting for the frightening woman to speak. But she never spoke, she watched the powerful little girl carefully, exclaiming every single little detail of her on the inside and outside.

"We have decided on your life mission." The stern woman spoke after the long silence. Her stomach fell at her words. She didn't dear speak up. "One of our sisters has decided to birth a son. A dukes son." She continued making the hairs on her arms rise, a strange feeling growing inside her chest. A son? "It's not ready." She then said. The little girl understood were this was going but refused to believe it. She could feel the strange feeling building up stronger, wider, taller. "You will be his concubine, breed with him and save the bloodline."