•22

*************

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. -Albert Einstein

***************

We left Miami a few hours ago and when we arrived in New York the weather was my least favourite moment of the arrival.

It was quiet this time around, there was only his staff that was waiting for us as we got out of his jet. Paul and Mark were with us, Israel was thinking of having them move to Norfolk to protect me. I think it is unnecessary because who is going to harm me?

We got to his place and we immediately had a nap, I forced him to have a nap, he wanted to go to work but he needed a nap, just a little sleep time. When I woke up, he was busy with emails right next to me.

He stopped and we watched Cruella then, I grew hungry so we came to the kitchen and he insisted on cooking for me but I did not trust him so here we are arguing over whether to fry or grill the chicken.

"Israel, listen to me, it will be so much faster to grill the damn thing."

"I want to fry it so that I can have fried chicken and wedges with it."

"Israel, I don't want fries, you are trying to make me gain more weight!"

"No, no, I said I want fries, I never said you must have them." I put my hands on my hips.

"Your argument makes no sen..." The intercom goes off.

"Sir, your parents are here."

He presses the button "Let them in." He turns to face me. "I guess we are having grilled chicken." He shrugs as he takes the skillet out. I am wearing his shirt and sweatpants so this is not the first impression I want to make, I run upstairs and change into a pair of jeans and a shirt, hopefully, that is okay, I mean Israel is in sweats so this should be good.

"Dad, why did you bring her here?" What is going on and who is here?

"We saw her and told her we were coming here and she said she was as well plus what's the issue, let the poor child have dinner with us." I get downstairs and Israel is slightly taller than his father while his mother is probably shorter than me. She looks beautiful though and he looks like both of them more like his mother.

A woman is sitting with his mother, I guess this is who they were talking about. I come up and lightly tap Israel on his bicep.

"Mom, Dad, Shanice, this is Paris, my fiancé. That's the problem, Dad. Paris, this is my father, my mother and my ex-girlfriend Shanice Cooper." Shanice is a popular actress, I have heard of her but I have never seen any of her movies. I go to greet his father with a handshake and his father hugs me.

"Come on, you are going to be family." I let out a nervous laugh.

"That's enough Dad. Let me go cook, please come help me, Paris." I follow Israel into the kitchen and we start cooking in silence. Who knew chopping boards make such amazing background noises?

"So Shanice Cooper huh?" He sighs.

"Three years ago I was at a party, she was there and we had a conversation, cool, the next week at a gala there she was so we spoke and hit it off so we started going out more and more until I just asked her to be my girlfriend. She cheated with one of her director friends. We broke up more than a year ago, I guess my parents forgot that part of the equation." I caress his back before turning him so he faces me. There are a lot of feelings here. With his parents just showing up, his ex-girlfriend, he looks okay but I know he is not.