Realm of deads

A/N: Blueberry's pronouns are he/him/they/them/it/its
-

1st chapter:

Part 1: Agony

Blueberry Sans (...)
HP: 0/680
Status: Dead

Black liquids sink down into the small gap of the parquet, some staining the carpet and some traversing the tight space under the door, running down the stairs. The black liquid soon flooded as the ground was no longer visible, it started to reach the living room downstairs, coming from the bathtub.

Then it all stops.

The black liquid stayed still for a while, sticking into the bathroom's furniture with its gooey substance, it looked like it wanted to climb on the walls and go even wider, but it stops as if the time stopped itself.

Bubbles pop out inside of the bathtub where the liquid was originally from, becoming more and more abundant and faster, a small boney hand reaches out for the light of the small room, seeming that the being was stuck and drowning in their own agony, struggling and muffled yelling echoed inside of the goo, another hand leaving it to use the bathtub's small surface to help themselves out.

They fought against unconsciousness, the blackout of their nightmares, the darkness, they were afraid of it, they kicked it away, they repulsed it and combated with all their will, but no matter how much they tried, the darkness would always win over their mind and dominate them. The two hands weaken and slowed down, one tapping the wall to call some help, and the other to snatch away whatever was choking him, whatever was restraining him to move on, to be free, to die in peace.

No matter how much they tried, no matter how much they fought, they would always lose. The hand that called for help by slamming on the wall slowly drag into the black agony, soonly disappearing. The bubbles pop out, dozen by dozen, then one by one, then nothing. It stopped breathing, it stop living, it gave up.

Sometimes, things are better the way they are.

One set of arms grabbed its arms and yanked him out of the black liquid with strength.

But never always.

They gasped for air, violently coughing the same liquid, spitting bitter agony, and brutally jerking his limbs out of the gooey substance.

They opened their eyes sockets, forming once were lively and shiny blue stars, only to be replaced by a fade and sinister white round dot and a nonapparent eye light. They look at their savior, madly panting, only to see themself with his bright and admirable smile, his shiny and respectable aura.

What had become of him?

He dragged himself out of the bathtub, adding more of his agony on the ground. He flips his back and turned to see the lamp badly fixed on the ceiling, getting blinded by the intense white light.

He...

He was alive...

His breathing calm down and his dizziness came back, he closed his eyes socket with a long whiff and turned his body to face the wall, falling overly tired and weak. As he soon falls asleep on the ground, the black liquid dissipates into smoke that would reek the room and roam around the air.

Blueberry Sans (...)
HP: 0/680
Status: Undead

Part2: Realm of deads

Blue walks on the wooden parquet, letting some drops of the black liquid down on it, each step would make the ground grind slightly at the other's pressure on it. He walked past two familiar rooms that he didn't try to think about it, glanced around freely at the ruined house.

It was his house but...it felt wrong.

The once was a tan color on the walls and a purplish carpet became a very faded and dirty brown and purple, everything was greyish like it was surreal or a nightmare. Blue blankly looks at his hands, it was normal but greyish, everything was ominous and depressing, where was his brother?

He looks back behind to stare at the second door.

...

What was his brother's name again?

He couldn't recall it. When he overthought about it, a painful buzzing prevent him from thinking anymore as an echoing voice from his mind repeated constantly the name of 'Papyrus'.

It stopped talking. What was talking? Who were they? How come they weren't worried? Scared?

They looked back a Papryrus' door and proceed to open it.

It was unlocked.

Inside of it was...his usual room with the same messy desk, the same sofa that he use to sleep on instead of a bed, the same rug covered in bones, astronomies posters on the wall, and a mirror.

A colorful mirror.

Blue walks in front of it, holding his arms that became more and more numb as the rooms were freezing, he stopped in front and looked carefully. The mirror showed the reflection of Papyrus' room but with better color, like what he remembers and like how it was supposed to be. He saw something that gave him a small thud in his shattered soul, his brother there, on the sofa, crying. He turned again but he saw nothing but dust covering it. He looks back and frowns slightly.

He wanted to comfort his brother, he wanted to go back again, he wanted to live.

He caresses the cold surface of the mirror gently with soft eyes, his fingers letting out a ray of light as they crossed the mirror into the other side. And in a blink of an eye, he was in the colorful version of his brother's room, where he was originally meant to be.

He heard the cries he couldn't seconds ago and turned to face his brother, this one did not notice him, didn't he notice the light either? Blue slowly approach, still letting the black liquid drop down from his body into the ground, he was now in front of Papyrus who was crying, his face hiding on his arms and knees like he always did when they were younger.

He tried to speak but all he could let out was a dry cough and some back liquid again, it caught the other's attention and widen their eyes in surprise.

Right in front of his eyes was standing his dead brother, he couldn't believe it.

He jerks out of his sofa and hugged him tightly, tears running down his eyes sockets even more as his cries became louder and louder. Blue patted his back again and again until he had fallen asleep in the other's arms, exhaustion taking over.

Blue escaped the realm of deads after 8 months of being dead.