[ two. ]

[ two. | the mannequin ]

 | the mannequin ]

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Piper Beasley sat beside Jonah Simms in the little break room, with Garrett; the third member to their little lunch bunch, on his phone, it fell upon the pair to entertain each other with conversation.

Piper shrugged, snacking on some Goldfish crackers "-I'm just saying," she swallowed, continuing their conversation, "if elusive bachelor George Clooney can bag a rich, successful lawyer, I can too, there's still hope for me" she shrugged. Jonah furrowed his brow at her, swiping a goldfish from her bag- a gesture that was met with a glare from the brunette an causing her to push his snack-size bag of chips closer to him.

"That would require you being at all like George Clooney," Jonah countered, unbothered by her glare as he snacked on her crackers. Piper didn't raise her gaze as she unlocked her phone, instead choosing to respond with a nonchalant tone;
"If you can't see the similarities between George Clooney and , you don't know me as well as you think you do, Simms." 

The collection of the employees on break sat in a comfortable silence- only to be interrupted by a loud crunch that exuded from Jonah as he bit into his chips. The eyes of his co-workers raised to him, slight annoyance. "This is nice, huh?" He asked to no one in particular "taking a well-earned break with my co-workers. I feel like I'm finally fitting in here."

At his last statement, Piper giggled a bit, causing Jonah to look to her. Under his gaze she composed herself, quietly whispering- "That's what she said." 

From her spot just behind them, Amy laughed a bit at his prior remark. "You don't get to decide when you're fitting in." She informed him, Piper nodded, comfortable in the fact that she had been one of first of the newbies to be accepted based upon the fact that was (to quote Cheyenne) "Chill." 

"They'll let you know," Piper nodded, adding to Amy's comment as she took a sip of her soda. Jonah's gaze fell upon the girl, a pointed look as he did. "All I'm saying is...I'm getting used to it." Following Piper's silence as she flexed her brows at him with a bite from her goldfish, Jonah let out a grunt and pulled his leg up to his chest. "Not getting used to standing all day!" He attempted at a joke, Piper sighed and shook her head at him in disappointment.

"That's not something I have to deal with," Garrett deadpanned from his spot. Piper guffawed. Jonah glanced down, examining his sore leg. 
"Yeah well, lucky you, my friend." He stated without thinking. Piper's jaw went slack, her eyes widening as she watched Jonah slowly come to realization. 

The dark-haired man tried to share a glance with the brunette. Due to a habit she had formed while being filmed, Piper often found herself glancing off into space whenever something odd happened, Jonah had so thankfully offered himself in place of a camera- whenever something whacky or zany would happen in the store, the pair would share an off-kilter glance. Today was not one of those times.