(2)Oh Cacao...

It was a bright new day, the frosty air nipped at cacaos lips and fingertips. Uninterested in the food in front of him thinking about last night. He was tired, he had stayed up wondering just what he saw. Maybe it was a dream, and he didn't even realize he feel asleep.. or maybe it was just the moonlight and the cold made his skin sensitive? Whatever it was, he just couldn't shake it.

"Cao?"

A soft and warm voice called his name from next to him, it sounds a little worried.

"Cao what's wrong? Your not eating your food!"

Pure vanilla placed a hand on his cheek, Dark cacao shivered a little, his hands were unusually cold which solidified the thought that maybe what he saw was in fact, real.

"I... Vanilla can I ask you something?"

"Of course! Anything."

"Are you... Are you sure you'd answer me truthfully?"

"Well, that depends on the question. Some things I.. I don't think I'm ready to tell you yet. Some of these things even I have a hard time comprehending, I couldn't possibly tell someone else before I come to terms with them!"

"......"

"Dark cacao.. do you think I'm hiding something from you?"

"N-no. Not really, I was just.. paranoid..."

Vanilla sat silent for a second. He decided to use this moment and turn it into a positive experience. He pecked Dark Cacaos cheek and took his hand.

"I understand, I.. I know it's not so easy for you to trust, I want you to know that I'm willing to tell you anything! I just have to work through it on my own first."

Dark cacao sighed.

"I'm sorry vanilla, for bringing this up. I appreciate you for making me settle down-"

He blushed in embarrassment. Vanilla was right, he wasn't easily trusting, he was read like an open book. Before pure vanilla confessed to him, and even before that, he had a hard time opening up to the blindingly bright and optimistic sunbeam. Vanilla showed him that with the right partner and friends he was able to have fun, interact and talk. He was ok, he wasn't going to be judged.

"Do you..do you have night terrors? Vanilla?"

".... somtimes.. they come every so often, I'm not entirely sure why I get them when I do. But usually I just forget the events of the dreams."

Vanilla then scooted cacaos plate over closer to him.

"Now eat, for me? You have a long day ahead of you... I need you to take care of yourself."

Cacao laughed shortly and sighed, per vanillas request and to not make him worry he ate his food even though he wasn't hungry and was slightly repulsed by the thought of eating. He picked up his fork and ate as per his boyfriend's request. He felt settled about the conversation, talking with vanilla helped but the lingering feeling of doubt stayed. Regardless, he knew the day ahead of him was going to be long and practically grueling (he felt time slow just thinking about it). In fact he was already looking forward to snuggling up into his bed with his boyfriend and messily kissing him, holding him and telling how he loved him, feeling safe and calm. It was a wonder alright, having a relationship with the polar opposite of yourself.