update no2 (fic idea)

I will be updating this fic, idk when but I am getting ass blasted by work and depression. Recently I've realized this fic was the start of something that became much more for an au; instead of a demon pure vanilla went down the path of dark moon magic and became dark sorcerer cookie. I want to make a separate fic for this (still definitely purecacao lol) but when that happens ofc this fic will be simultaneously updated (or abandoned idk😭 hopefully not) anyways lemme know if your interested because here's my draft about that so far:

A scream followed by shattering glass could be heard throughout the castle halls; a sound usually not welcome in the vanillian king's good graces. In this case, everyone had been on edge, constantly on their toes just trying to anticipate what comes next. When the echoes of the distress disappeared all that sounded through the castle was the pitter patter of rain and the occasional thunder. Nervously the vanilla cookies friends peered through the crack of the chamber doors, revealing a room only lit by the moonlight covered in pieces of mirror reflecting nothing but it and the eerie shadows on the ceiling.

Pure vanilla had broken the mirror in a fit of frustration, however short lived as now he sat quietly with his bloodied hands against it. He was indeed silent, it was to be noted he was shivering, despite draped with a weighted blanket. They hadn’t dared step in to investigate or speak until he made that decision himself. Beginning to weep, he curled around himself, meeting eyes with his friends.. His eyes had changed wildly, no longer soft, but a piercing gaze that cut right through the darkness. The said to be the same about his now long hair, that had a slight glow adorned with stars and opal moons. He had even grown a tail, similar in attitude to the yogurt beings that raised him in the academy. He had even grown twice his size. Cacao was the first to step forward, stepping across the glass shards ever so carefully in order to place his calloused but gentle hand on pure vanilla's bare shoulder. He was lethargic. Yet he took cacao's hand, hugging onto it as if for dear life, shaking and crying.. He was different… he was transforming.. He was no longer pure vanilla cookie. And he had struggled to reconcile it. To change so drastically against your consent, it was hard to cope with; but the moon had chosen him to be the darksides embodiment. And he wasn’t allowed to refuse. Cacao sat down to allow his distressed friend to embrace him, who responded by squeezing. He noted that vanilla had grown claws, but remained ever gentle with his hands, how typical.. To be gentle even in his darkest hour, when he considered himself a monster. It was a very pure vanilla thing to do.

They had all vowed to stay by his side until the end, they understood he could not control it, yet most of the time they still became cautious and isolated him from the social interactions and activities they used to share. Cacao was the only one who really dared to keep up or talk to him in the midst of the night when he was awake, or to be that shoulder to cry on. As a result the newly born sorcerer took immense attachment to cacao and became his first choice when he needed a buddy. Cacao soothed him the best he could; normally, this was pure vanillas job. He was not used to being the delegated comfort friend, but it was most important at this time, and so he did his best. He began to rock vanilla, something he found worked with high success and as expected his friend calmed down within minutes, until only sniffling and shiveres could be heard.

This also meant pure vanilla would sink into cacao, it made his heart flutter, the truth was he harbored feelings for pure vanilla. He has never gotten the chance to tell him, although he wished to, terribly. He was, in reality, attached to vanilla as well. And feared his loss. Something the new sorcerer part of his yen had made possible, to take him away from him… Something cacao was not ready for. These emotions had indeed caused cacao to hug vanilla tightly, unconsciously, which prompted pure vanilla to shift and get much closer in order to embrace him fully.

Pure vanilla was cold, but comfortable in cacao's grasp. He seemed content entering it, even if desperate for comfort he still found cacao's touch soothing and preferred simply because he always wanted it. He sulked, his head leaned downwards as his weeping came to an end, and he melted into the cacao's shadow. A turn of events; this caused alarm and panic to arise in the cookies until they saw pure vanillas eyes peer at them through cacao’s silhouette and rest. He drifted off to sleep while cacao marveled and gawked at this new power.