Chapter 4: Studies

Once she was done dressing, it was off to go find said brother who was probably elbow deep in his pre-Hogwarts studies. Once she got to his door, she politely knocked on it and waited for him to acknowledge her. "Come in," his muffled voice called from inside of the room. Anna lightly swung open the door, and her eyes fitted across the room. The room was filled with neutral tones and gave off an ambience of calmness. To the left of the door, there was a big wooden bookcase that, although was nicely organized, seemed to be cluttered and slightly dipping in the center of each shelf. In the very back center of the room stood the bed, and it, like always, was expertly made without even one wrinkle. Finally, to the right of the room was the desk under the window where her brother spent hours pouring his soul into his studies. "Is there something that I can help you with, Anastasia?" Percy questioned from his desk without even turning around. "How did you know it was me?" she asked, walking over to his desk and brushing her finger on along the feathers of his extra quills. "The only other people who have manners in this house are mother and you, but she would not have waited for me to respond before opening the door," he responded flipping a page in the book he was reading. Looking closer at the books that he had been reading, she pointed out, "Those are first year books." "Was there supposed to be a question in there, Anastasia?" he inquired, still not looking up from the book. Anna curiously took a peek at what he was doing and was shocked at what was taking place right in front of her. Percy Weasley, the responsible sibling, was writing in the margins of a book. "Why are you writing in that book?" she asked him as she leaned in closer to get a better look at what he was writing. Percy put his quill down and turned a bit to face her, a look of determination on his face. "I am writing important notes for you to remember and things to practice that I found to be easier than written in the book. I have also marked out things you will not waste your time studying since they are not particularly beneficial to your education. There is no point in filling the mind with information that does not serve a purpose," he said, straightening the pile of books that he seemed to have already gone through. "So, you're just going to give me your old books?" she asked as she picked one up and leafed casually through it. Percy lightly took the book from her hand and returned it to the pile. Then he looked into her slightly skeptical eyes and said, "Why would I not?? There is no reason for you to waste money on new books when I have some that are in perfect condition, and I do not need them anymore. It is also more logical for you to have them now since I have gone through and written tools to help you succeed in your studies." Anna did not really know what to say about the kind gesture. When it came to her future and sucess, there was no one more invested than Percy. He was her biggest advocate and pushed her to be the best that she can be. Anytime she would get lost or stumble a bit, he had always been there to give her the push that she needed. Percy doing this for her means a lot and she never wanted to fail him, even more so now that he went out of his way to see her succeed. Thankfully, she was saved from him seeing the dumbfounded look upon her face when the door had popped open. "Mum wants everyone to come downstairs for lunch," a voice said from the door. Anna turned around and saw Ron gazing around the room. He stepped further into the room to broaden his view and had, apparently, overstayed his welcome. "Thank you, Ronald, we will be down in a moment," Percy said, subtly dismissing him. Ron did not get the message until Anastasia looked at him and flicked her eyes to the door. Once he was gone, Anna turned back to Percy and saw that he had already turned his attention back to the books. She stood behind him and put a hand on his shoulder before speaking. "I hope you know that I appreciate this. You don't have to do it, but you still do. Thank You, Percy," she said, giving his shoulder a squeeze. She quickly turned around and made her way to the door before stopping in the threshold. "Don't get too wrapped up Perc. If you aren't down for lunch in fifteen minutes, then I'll drag you down myself," she playfully threatened him. "I would love to see you try, Anastasia. You cannot even drag Ginerva out of bed properly, how do you suppose that you would be able to drag me down two flights of stairs?" Percy inquired without turning around. Even though his tone was the usual bored sounding one, Anna could hear underlying tones of sass and sarcasm that other people would normally miss. She stuck her tongue at his turned back and started silently mocking him as she shut the door. "Are you actually going to shut the door or are you going to continue to mock me?" Percy asked without even missing a beat. Anna quickly shut the door whilst stifling a giggle and made her way downstairs, following the heavenly scent of Aunt Molly's cooking.