🎄⭐️Christmas⭐️🎄

CW: miu being vulgar in like one line and me being a bad writer 😎

Kaito and Shuichi both walked into the classroom that had been decorated for the holidays. Streamers hanging from the ceiling, lights illuminating the room, and a big Christmas tree in the center where the desks had been cleared.

"Woah! This looks sick! Who did all this?" Kaito exclaimed, completely impressed by the effort put into it.

"Kirumi! With the help of the school board as well." Kaede smiled.

"Nicely done Kirumi!" He smiled, Kirumi nodding her head in thanks.

The boys went over and sat down, waiting for others to arrive so they could get the party started.

Some time later and everyone was there, in a large circle along the floor and a few couches. Kaito next to maki, Shuichi next to Kaito, Kaede next to Shuichi, and so on. Well, everyone save Kokichi, of whom they had tried to contact multiple times but to no avail.

"Ok well, we're ten minutes past the starting time so let's start some secret Santa!" Kaede said, giving up waiting.

They all went along, Kokichi's disappearance not throwing them off as he had been late, and a no show, before.

"Shall we go alphabetically? Or.." Kirumi questioned, looking to the others for confirmation.

"I have a hat we could draw names from too if you want?" Ryoma added, putting a newly lit cigarette in between his lips.

"That'll work!" Kaede walked over to Ryoma as Kirumi started writing names on a piece of paper to tear up.

After a few minutes they pulled the first name from the hat.

"Alright looks like... Angie goes first!" Kaede smiled. Kaito could have sworn he saw something out of the corner of his eye but didn't pay any mind to it. Maki on the other hand was on high alert, knowing that if Kokichi was gone it could only mean bad news.

"Oh let us see.." Angie started as she tore rapping paper off of a box. "Aha! New paint brushes! Atua and I accept these gratefully!" She cheered.

"Awe I'm glad you like them!" Tsumugi smiled and clapped her hands.

"Okay! Next up is.. Rantaro!" Kaede smiled even wider when she mentioned his name and got up to hand him a small gift box with a bow on top.

He smiled and opened the lid.

"A Chrysocolla crystal! I've been wanting to get one of these!" He started inspecting it closely and smiled.

"I'm glad you like it! The person at the store said it meant a ton of nice stuff and i thought you'd like it!" The pianist said. (I know nothing about crystals so if I got something wrong tell me ;-; also to my knowledge that specific crystal isn't like a closed practice sorta thing or anything???? I couldn't find anything looking it up online??? Again if it is tell me and I'll change it :))

Almost everyone went, the tension between Kaito and Maki growing as they both snuck glances at each other, simply wanting to relish in each other's existence. If either noticed the other staring, they hadn't mentioned it.

Soon Kaede called Kibo's name from the hat. He got up and looked, not finding anything.

"I guess I don't get a present? Is that something that happens at these gatherings?" He said with a sad look in his eyes.

"Not really, no... Oh! Kokichi must have gotten you and since he's not here, he couldn't bring your present! Don't worry, we'll get it to ya keebs!"