💫Nightmares🪐

Running.

Running through darkness.

Complete, total darkness.

Running away.

Away from something.

Away from someone.

I tripped.

Tripped over nothing.

Tripped over the darkness.

A spotlight flashes on.

I look up.

I see her.

Her.

My best friend.

There.

Dying.

Dying from the aftermath of a car crash.

I run over.

I need to save her.

I need to I need to I need to need to need to need to need to need to-

I'm too late.

I'm too late.

She's gone.

My best friend.

My only friend.

My only friend from the orphanage.

Her arms wrapping a small Child. A small, crying child. Her lips curled into a small smile. Her blood pouring out the side of her mouth. She's dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead-

I shoot awake in a cold sweat, tear stains on my cheeks. Where am I? Oh.... Oh. I see Kaito stirring in his sleep. I try to get him to not wake up but..

"M-Maki..?" He tries to rub the sleep from his eyes but I put his hands back down.

"Shhh shhhhhh hey it's ok... go back to sleep." I whisper.

"N-no what's wrong?" He leans himself up. "Why are you awake it's... three twenty four in the morning. Is everything ok?" He says, voice still raspy from sleep.

"Y-yeah everything's fine. I just need a drink of water, I'll be ok."

"No... you don't just wake up to get water. And you were crying. What's up?" He put a hand on my shoulder.

"Just... just a bad dream. I'm ok." I brush him off and put my feet over the bed.

"Nope!" He raps his arms around me and pulls me back so I'm awkwardly splayed across him and the bed. I sigh and roll my eyes. "You're gonna talk about it and feel better!" He grins and kisses my temple.

"Fine, if you let me sit on the bed normally, I'll 'talk about my feelings'." I do air quotes and he giggles sleepily.

"Anything for you!" He puts me down and I crawl to sit my back against the headboard, Kaito quickly following suit. "Sooo... what's up!" He raps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me close.

"It was just about... her... her dying again. Like I said- it's fine. I'm fine." I turn my head away from him in an attempt to hide that my eyes are swelling with tears. I'm fine.

"Don't lie. You know you're not fine. But that's ok Maki roll, no one expects you to be ok one hundred percent of the time." He rubbed my shoulder.

"But I do have to be ok all the time. I was raised an assassin Kaito, assassins aren't exactly known for their emotional venerability." I snap, tears almost spilling over. I can't. I can't let them. I won't cry. Not again. It hurts too much.

"Maki, that's not true at all and you know it. You're not an assassin anymore. you're a human being Maki roll, let yourself feel emotion."

The tears that have been building for years— years— since she died, since my first hit, since I went to the Holy Salvation Society, since I went to the orphanage in the first place— finally started pouring out of my eyes. I start breaking down, crying.

"I killed so many people Kaito! So many people with their own lives and loved ones! I took that away from them.." I choke out in between sobs.

"Shhh cry as much as you need. You deserve to let your emotions out." He rubs circles on my back and finally, after let myself feel. After 7 years I finally let myself feel.

~~~~~2 months later~~~~~

"You cried!" Kaito exclaims, practically bouncing out of the movie theater.

"Did not." I cross my arms and try to suppress a smile.

"I saw a tear roll down your cheek! You cried!" He ruffles my hair.

"You were the one practically sobbing. Plus, you're also the one who told me I could cry so screw you." I shake my head in an attempt to relax my hair again.

"Yep! And I'm super proud of you!" He runs ahead and jumps into the car.

He's right though, I have been crying more. Is everything fixed? No, and it'll take a very long time for everything to be okay. It'll take years to undo what they did to me. But that's okay, cause right now, everything's finally looking up.

~~~~~ 757 words~~~~~
Me? Updating twice in the same month? Crazy I know- anyways this one was shorter but y'know

I barely proof read this so yea lmk if you see a typo- also I've been super obsessed with fnaf security breach and now I'm working on a sundrop/moon drop cosplay so that's cool

I don't think I have anything else to say sooo see you soon!

-kreddy kazbear