44 - When Things Finally Went Down.

"Jin?!" Bambam's voice startled the people in the control room.

As a practice, the chief or anyone else outside, does not butt in to the team when an operation is underway. The team leader is the trusted person who will be taking the decisions unless he calls for instructions from the control room. There are only seconds to make such decisions and it will be difficult for the team to have two command points.

But no matter how much of a professional you are, you will always crumble when it comes to your loved ones. And that's exactly what happened to Namjoon when he heard Bambam taking Jin's name in such a concerned manner.

"Jin?! What happened to him?" Namjoon spoke up before he could stop himself.

Bambam didn't answer. Hell, it's highly possible that he didn't hear it even. So many things were happening at their end, it was utter chaos. For one, shooting had resumed. YoungJae and Yugyeom, managed to get to Hoseok while Taehyung took cover from Jin's direction too.

Few people spoke at the same time, overlapping each other's voices.

"Captain, he's losing too much blood!" Yugyeom yelled loudly.

"Jay's getting away." Taehyung's voice rang through at the same time.

"Cap, a chopper just landed on the rooftop! Confirm to engage!!" Mark's request sounded urgent too.

Another shot was fired from Jin's direction but this time, it hit the wall near the ceiling. With the accuracy shown in the first two shots, it was highly unlikely to be aimed at such a place. Something was really wrong with their sniper.

Bambam closed his mind to all the noise and considered everything. It might have felt like a few minutes but literally, it only took two seconds for Bambam's commands to come through everyone's ear pieces.

It was important to catch criminals, but they will always look after their own.

"YoungJae, Yugyeom, take Hobi out of here immediately! Mark, leave the chopper and check on Jin, something's wrong there. Everyone else!! Don't let that bastard get away."

A chorus of affirmative sounds rang through the comm devices and they all started to follow their own instructions.

Namjoon released the table from his grip as he had only now realized how tight he was gripping it. He had never been so scared about Jin like this because normally, Jin is never in the action. It's always a secure location, a little away from the heat of the fight. Today was something that had never happened.

Taehyung and others tried to follow Jay and Sehun, but their way was blocked by more bullets. They were pinned to this side of the exit and everyone desperately tried to break through.

It only took about 5 seconds for Mark to have a visual on the rooftop of the other building but he gasped in shock once he understood what was happening. He and Jinyoung jumped from the chopper before it even landed properly and ran towards the struggling mess on the floor.

Jin was trapped with a chokehold and looked like he was on the verge of losing consciousness. His arm was bleeding heavily too. Mark pulled the guy off of Jin and knocked him out with two punches. Jinyoung checked and helped Jin who was struggling to breathe. It took about a minute for Jin's breath and heart rate to return to a normal pace.

Mark was just about to inform the captain regarding Jin's situation when a voice came through their earpieces, making everyone groan in dismay.

"Red Fox is getting away!!"   

____________________________

Taehyung and few others managed to get past the fight but what they saw was the disheartening sight of a chopper flying away, undoubtedly with Jay and Sehun in it.

"NO!!" Taehyung shouted in dismay and  fell to his knees. They were so close.

"Red Fox is getting away!!"

Someone from behind him yelled and that sentence made Taehyung gather his wits again. He can't let that happen. That bastard should not be allowed to escape. Taehyung owed it to all the victims that suffered and died by that monster's hands. He owed it to all his team, who spent months and months preparing for this moment. And most importantly, he owed it to his baby, for whom he had vowed to get justice and revenge.

Taehyung got up on his feet and started to shoot at the chopper. The people behind him got the idea and they all started to shoot too. Chopper got hit a few times before the pilot skillfully hid behind another building, taking cover from the guns.

And Taehyung and others were left with open months and heavy hearts. They failed. After all the preparations, all the effort, they failed.

____________________________

Three people on the other building could see and hear what was happening but there wasn't anything they could do. They watched as the chopper flew away, as their team members desperately tried to bring it down and failed.

Jinyoung shook his head and tried to focus on the task at hand. He already had the medical equipments in hand as Jin was bleeding so much but when he tried to touch the elder, Jin snatched his hand back.

"NO!!" Jin shouted, startling the other two. "Where's my gun?! Take my gun to that side!"

He tried to get up and Mark helped him to walk to that side. Jinyoung quickly brought the rifle and the stand. They quickly set it up while Jin got on to his position.

"Jin is taking a shot!" Mark spoke to the comm device in an awed voice at the elder's strength of mind and endurance.

Jin was literally at the gate of death but he had bounced back to his duty in the next second.

Everyone froze at this new information. Namjoon and the people in the control room were looking at the speaker without even blinking. Jungkook even forgot to breathe as he waited to hear something.

Taehyung raised his head where he was previously leaning on the railing on the roof in dismay. It seemed like there was still some hope left.

And they all waited.. and waited.

Jin yelled in pain when the weight of the gun came on to his injured arm and tried to breath through the pain. He had to blink and shake his head a few times to clear the fog that was starting to gather in his eyes. They only had seconds left.

A pool of blood started to gather near Jin but his stance didn't change. Nor did his concentration as he looked through the scope and took his aim.

Everyone, two people on this building, the rest of the team members on the other building and people in the mission control room, held their breath for their best marksman to take his shot.

Jinyoung waited with medical equipments in his hand, to come to Jin's aid the moment he was done with his work.

No one made any sound, not even their breathing could be heard.

Jay's pilot was smart. He navigated the chopper between buildings, taking the cover from it. He was smart, but not enough to outsmart one of the best marksmen Seoul police ever had.

Because the one and half seconds it took for the chopper to move from the cover of one building to another, was more than enough for jin.

The shot was taken and few milliseconds later, the chopper was hit from the back. It took a few more seconds for the damage to take effect and the chopper had managed to make its way out of the buildings and over to Han River.

That was when the pilot lost control of the chopper and it went spiraling down. Right into the Han River