Pilot

Kayla's POV:

"Ah shit, here we go again." Slinging the only purple coloured duffle bag on my shoulder, I walked outside of my room to the kitchen where my buttered toast lay on the marble table, quickly grabbing it with hooded eyes due to the lack of sleep I had due to the fact that I had spent almost all my time fighting with someone on Redditt about how emotional connection matters more than railing each other out of oblivion but yeah I was the only one saying all that so it did not matter, wearing my shoes from the rack, I walked out of the house towards my school, the cars whirred past me and the world seemed to have gone blind for a second, to me as the pavement melted away into the grey colour. Watching the cars of famous teenagers drift past me was nothing new as I could see the red brick coloured building in the distance, getting down on my knees, I tied my shoe laces but then a familiar voice rang in my ears, "What are you doing here? Get up, you'll get late for school and you don't want that," Miya patted my back and I looked up at her rolling my eyes, "Okay fine, yeah whatever, I am only going to find either nerds or freaks in that hell hole." Miya slung her arm around my shoulder and then we walked to the school, the brick building welcomed us as we both walked to our lockers, "Another boring day here of me trying to fit in." I sighed and as soon as I was about to walk away, the annoying sound of metal chimed in my ear as the famous boy of our school, Eric James had pushed another girl on his locker, again, they were making out, his hands were securely wrapped around her waist as he did things that were unspeakable, "I really wish that I could change my locker sometimes," Maybe I had mumbled a bit too loud as he removed his lips from hers and raised an eyebrow looking at me, "I am sure that you want to be in Ariel's shoes right now." Right, the girl could not be anyone other than Arial Parker, that one Instagram famous girl who every boy wanted in his bed and doing that was not hard either. 

"No thank you very much, I came with no such intention to school, I have to get to class and study unlike some people." I rolled my eyes and continued walking out of the scene but I could hear a soft chuckle behind me as I turned around, "You know playing hard to get is really out of fashion these days, try doing something that really gets the attention of people, you are making a fool of yourself this way." I scoffed and pointed my finger at him, "Boys like you always think that we girls just want to hit it off with you and we are just sitting there ready to be railed by you, is that what you think?" He shook his head and walked over to me as people had started to gather around us, "So are you done with your anti-misogyny message?" That boiled me and without speaking another word I huffed and walked to my class; not giving that stupid person the attention which he was looking for, "Yeah that's all you can do, just walk away, do nothing more." My usual seat was in the back so I put my bag down and sat there, rubbing my eyes as I had started my day with this negativity, something that I hated. "All I asked was a calm and collected Monday morning, is that so much to ask for?" Miya plopped down beside me and then I finally gave a small smile, "Yo did you get into a fight with that asshole Eric, stop wasting your time on him, all he wants is to be the typical jock which everyone hates, but secretly finds attractive." I knew that Miya had a huge crush on him since middle school, when he didn't know that I existed, now he probably knows everything about me due to his friends who have A-Z knowledge from what happens in the staff room to what takes place anywhere in the students' lives. "I know you like him, stop getting on my side just because we got into a petty cat fight." She waved her hand in front of my face, "Hello, I know that I like him but you are my friend so you are my top priority and that means each and everything about you, he is probably not even interested in me, because of that Ariel." I nodded and listened closely, the teacher coming into the class which finally diverted my attention towards the board. 

"Class was so boring, I wish we could get History and Math done with quickly, luckily this is the last year of high school and we can finally go to college now, I hope we get in the same one." I sighed and smiled at Miya, "Yeah I hope so too, we can finally be ourselves in college." Lunch was something that I looked forward to but this was not the case, Eric and his friends had been waiting for me as one of them put their foot forward and I tumbled down to the ground, "Ow!" I yelped in pain as I got up and looked at Eric shrugged, "Better luck next time prude, you should have been more careful." The word "prude" got me and I pushed him so hard that he moved away probably an inch, which was enough for me. "I swear if you call me prude again, you won't live to see the light of the day again." He laughed and pushed me against the wall, which scared the living hell out of me as I was scared, "Come on, you have been wanting to do this, make out with me, do it, this is why you caused such a scene." I stood there as I was petrified and constantly tried to get out of his grip. "Just let me go Eric!" I was constantly trying. 

"Let her go Eric, she is an asexual, she probably can't give you anything of that sort." He eyed me and then let me go, "Oh so you're really a prude, can't get a person so you call yourself that." I was shocked and looked down in shame, for once feeling bad for who I was as a person. "I hope you know that you are not good enough."