Broken Hearts and Sad Parts

Eric's POV:

"Can't get that girl out of your mind Eric?" Han asked me as I blew a puff of the cigarette away in the air and laughed, shaking my head "I won't ever think about her again, she has just intrigued me, that's all, no need to get too ahead of yourself." He shrugged and grabbed another cigarette from the pack, "I don't know bro, that is what all boys say when they don't want to confront their feelings." I chuckled hysterically, 'Feelings? Bro I just met her a few moments ago, feelings take time to develop. And besides Ariel is going to be coming to the party tonight, I'll just rail her into oblivion and things will be normal, make her say yes to me or leak her pictures, simple." My best friend was clearly not having any of this so I just stopped talking for once and looked at my phone to see a thousand missed calls from my mother who was probably worried sick about me and that was my cue to leave so I just got in my car and drove back, getting back home is a hassle as the guards have to escort me inside and all this unnecessary security protocol makes me want to have a normal life that I so dearly crave, away from expectations to be like someone else which I am not and that is what scares me, that I'll be be engrossed in this way of living so much that I won't understand my true motives. "Eric! Why are you so late? The dinner is getting cold on the table, do you even know how much effort it takes for the cooks to get it ready on time." I huffed and went inside, hanging my coat on the hanger and sat down on the dinner table, grabbing a plate and putting some food on it, the entire notion of eating alone was as depressing as it sounded but it was ironic how my mother was always telling me to eat on time but never sat down with me because it sounded so weird to her, sitting down with me and asking how my day went. "I am done." I wiped my hands from the napkin and got up from the table, heading to my room and getting some clothes out from the closet, then I finally fell down on the bed and texted Ariel, she didn't eply for about 30 minutes which caused me to dribble the only basketball I had in my room for about 30 minutes which was such a nuisance, and finally my phone pinged causing my jaw to drop, she had sent a picture of her dress for the night and I gulped, my mind running wild with an imagination of what could possibly happen tonight but then I replied like I always did or how any boy would reply to a message, which was complimenting her beauty but obviously, there are always sinister motives behind things which can always be dealt with later.

At 7 pm, I got into my car and then drove off to where the party was, Ariel didn't want me to come pick her up so I thought it would be better if I went there alone, I had been straying from myself so that made me think about the silence in the car and how it was deafening but calming, touching your soul in an enchanting way. I parked the car in front of the mansion and then got out, all my fellows walking up to me, I hugged them and a wide grin came up on my lips, which was soon intensified when I saw her walk up to me. Ariel. Her black dress hugged her body in all the right places and it made me wonder, where does she get an amazing fashion sense? Her arms wrapped around my neck and it seemed as if the world around me had vanished, "You look really handsome Eric, so what was the special occasion? For me or someone else?" A small smile played at the corner of my lips and I caressed her cheek with my thumb, "Why would you think that this is for someone else? All of me is for you, everything about me is just for you and nobody else." She kissed me on the cheek and then we walked inside, grabbing me by the wrist, she took me to the bar and then I downed some vodka, before turning 21. Did I want to do this? No. But did I have to do this? Yes.

Some time later, the party had seemed to die out so I was just sitting there alone on the couch and Ariel was talking with somebody else so I didn't want to interfere in that moment, thus seeing the opportunity to escape, I walked outside to the balcony and stood there on the entrance, hesitant to go outside at first but then I shrugged, walking outside and standing against the railing, "I wonder why all the parties are so monotonous. I see no point in coming here."

"Well of course there is a point, you're Eric James, the school play boy and if you miss out on a single party, your reputation will be going down the drain." I whipped my head to the side to see the same girl I had fought with in the same hallway, Kayla if I remember correctly. "And if I may ask, what are you doing? These kind of parties aren't for people like you." She shrugged and placed her hands on her waist, "I just came here to deliver the baked goods but then the host didn't let me go so I just stayed here. Nothing much, I haven't talked to anyone the entire night." I laughed and leaned against the railing, "And we meet here again, are you manifesting our encounters shorty?" Kayla scoffed and looked out of the balcony, "I am not manifesting anything, I just wanted to visit this balcony, everything else is by pure chance. Guess I'll be taking my leave from this place then." I shook my head, "If you're worried about me cocky then I won't, I wanna know more about you, you're an interesting person if I say so myself." She laughed hysterically and then looked at me, "You only say that because you can't rail me so that concept confuses you a lot, doesn't it?" Not going to lie, this was one of the reasons why I wanted to get closer to her, "Maybe, one of the reasons why I want to get to know you more but you just seem like a chill person, you know. Like you don't have anyone to fake stuff about yourself for."

"Maybe yeah, I really don't. In fact, I don't have anyone in my life actually so there's no pressure from this side of things." I reached in my pocket and checked the time, "Yeah but I am sure you will find someone, there are a lot of other aces out there as well, you can always get along with them." She played with the sleeve of her sweater, "Why are you so adamant on getting me in a relationship? There's no reason why you have to be this kind and all to me, I can take care of myself thank you very much."

"Hey I was only trying to be kind to you, not that I want to force you to be in a relationship but you hopefully get what I mean, right?" She nodded, "Yeah kinda I guess, you're pretty cool too." I smirked, "Pretty or cool? Or both?" She rolled her eyes, "No need to be so flirty with me Eric!" Before she could complete her sentence, "Eric it's getting late for me, while you drive me home?" Ariel asked and I smiled warmly at her before looking at Kayla who was also leaving. "Nice to meet you I guess." My voice was a meek mumble but she heard me, "I hate to say this but likewise."