Stupid Feelings

Kayla's POV:

"Miya come back! You know he's such a prick, you don't need to listen to him, you deserve way better than him." I chased after Miya through the courtyard as she ran further and further away, it was not something that I could deny didn't hurt her but we both know that this was all something which was expected as the idea of Eric James getting with someone other than Ariel was arbitrary, completely unacceptable to any normal brain who had the basic decency to at least think right, "You know how stupid I feel right now? I can't believe he made fun of me like that in front of everybody at the cafeteria, I should have known, fuck I should have known." I sat her down on the grass and then held her hand, trying to comfort her. "You know, it's not your fault. You know we can't control whom we fall in love with, it's so wrong of me to say this but there's no right or wrong when you're in love, and I know how much you loved him." She sobbed quietly while sitting down on the ground, as I just stood there, I was an apath for love and relationships so that made me realize how inconsiderate I had become over the years due to my denial of this beautiful feeling, a feeling people like Miya had become somewhat been desperate to feel for the longest of times. "Miya, the right person will take time-" Before I could say another thing, she ran away to the class and I stood there in the open courtyard, not knowing who to believe or what to do. "5 pm at my place?" Eric looked at me, while I clenched my fist and then walked toward him angrily, "Do you really think that you can get away with humiliating her in front of the entire school like that? You really think?" He chuckled in response and then fixed his hair, "Kayla, if you're such a know-it, then you should know, that sometimes we fall for the right person but its wrong timing." I shook my head, laughing hysterically, "You really think that this bad boy persona is going to get you anywhere? You'll just end up pushing people away and then you'll be alone, all alone. As the way, you are right now, where is your baby Ariel? The one you couldn't stop gushing about? Hmm?" 

"I don't know what you could be possibly thinking, she is with her friends, you do realize that your definition of love is flawed, right? Love doesn't demand you to kill off your priorities." Maybe he was right, maybe my definition of love is flawed, and as bad as that may sound, there was really no medicine or cure for this situation or problem. "So what? It's not like I am looking for love anyways." I crossed my arms and walked away to the classroom, listening to the lectures had become torture as I wanted my friend back. Miya had been sent home early as she wasn't feeling pretty well and then my eyes kept drifting off to the watch on my wrist, when would this be over? Quite literally. When would this be over? 

Eric's POV: 

"So when is this supposed friend of yours coming over? Is she even coming because I want to meet her before I leave for the afternoon business meeting?" I chuckled hearing her response as I shook my head, "Wow that's a first, you never wanted to meet any of my friends, well she is not a friend-" I was cut off by my Mother, "A one-night stand? A fling?" I rolled my eyes, "Mom she's not into that kind of stuff, she's what those people prudes or whatever."  Mom wiped the corner of her lips with the napkin as she looked at me, "You have no right to call anyone such derogatory names, do you understand me, young man? Or do I have to make myself clearer?" I nodded my head hearing her somewhat statement about my behavior and then went back to finishing my lunch as I heard the bell ring, Kayla. I immediately got up from my chair and then opened the door, unfortunately, it was the mailman or whatever and as I heard my Mother snicker behind me, Kayla pulled up to my house on her bike and then almost fell down on the barbed wire. "Hey, um sorry for the delay, I had to have a long conversation with Miya about the current situation." I shook my head, I never felt guilty but then there was this present situation, this entire situation with Kayla and her friend. "It's fine, come inside, and be careful on the wire in the porch, if you fall, you'll either get stabbed or go blind if that thing pricks your eyes." She scratched her neck, "Yeah thanks, I really needed to know all those graphic details about whatever you wanted to tell me." We walked inside my house and I could feel that she was taking calculated steps because she was most certainly taken aback by my house and the decor that had been done, "This is nothing. There are better houses than this in the country."

"Well, it would be nice if you decided to be a little grateful about what you have since a lot of people don't even have all of these amenities." We walked up to my room, and she followed behind me, "I wouldn't call these things amenities. Amenities are like the basic shit you need to live a good life." She sighed, "That's the point, good life." 

"Well let's get to work, shall we?" I took off my hoodie and I looked at her step back, "This isn't a harassment center, we have a serious high school final project that we have to work on." She looked terrified and I laughed at her, "Relax, this is my room and I can take off my hoodie if I want, there's nothing wrong with that." She sat down cross-legged on the floor while taking out her laptop, "So either we choose from the Renaissance or Romance in the 19th and 20th Century, I mean I am fine with both I guess, what do you want?" I thought about it for a second, but the answer was quite obvious, "I mean I am a pro at romance so the latter would work out." She cackled at my response and then drank some water that my maid had put there, "Then I guess that most certainly we will be failing our project but fine, I guess this topic will be good for me too." 

"Ooh, so you wanna know more about pre-historic romance?" She raised her eyebrow at me, "Not pre-historic Eric, this is like only century-old stuff, nothing particularly that old and stuff. And besides, we need experience before heading off to college,  not like, I would be doing anything special in college." She took out her journal and then wrote down the heading on her page, "So any ideas? Where do we start? Like you know- like what writers or famous people do you want to go in this. We're definitely putting some LGBTQ+ people inside this since you know, i don't care that you're straight." 

"Technically, not straight, Nah who am I playing? I mean does being infatuated by Tom Cruise count?" I wanted to tease her, "No, it doesn't quite count."