5

And the very second those words escaped her mouth, a war broke out

Jina swung her balled fist in the air, and Renjun dunked to dodge the hit effortlessly before oscillating his hand aimed at her stomach, only for her to bounce a step back and evade it.

The girl did not provide him with much time before attacking once again—her right leg tugged back before swaying it with all her force and throwing a sidekick at his head.

The heel of her shoe rammed into his temple, causing him to stagger back on the stairs, and she pulled back, watching as his fingers came to touch the fresh bruise on the side of his head.

"Ouch, did that hurt? I'm sorry." Jina feigned hurt with a hand placed on her chest, and he clenched his jaw tight at her cynical words that undoubtedly provoked him.

"Renjun, is everything alright? Jun?" Donghyuck's voice pierced through the earpiece, and the boy on the other end was slightly concerned upon hearing a sharp hiss from Renjun.

Renjun's fingertips tapped twice onto the surface of the earpiece, the device getting disconnected at his touch, and Donghyuck stood upright, receiving the secret signal that he was in need of backup.

Renjun mimicked her previous move, but she could see straight through him and effortlessly escaped the strike. The smirk plastered on her face was persistent, enraging the boy.

"Aren't you a bit too short to try a kick to my head, dude?" Jina arched her eyebrow cockily; the difference in their heights was not very evident, but she definitely was the taller one of the two.

Jina's gaze briefly flickered onto Jaehyun, who carried on with the mission, and back onto Renjun, and when he took note of her attention that slacked for a fraction of a second, he spun around, dashing down the stairs.

His pattering feet earned her attention, and she placed a hand on the metal railing of the staircase before swinging her legs over the metal and hurdling off the stairs, perfectly landing on her feet right in front of Renjun.

"I'm not that easy, my dude." Jina rolled her eyes, scoffing to see the boy underestimate her skills, and he simply shrugged, "You are." 

Though he was surprised to see how she took the risk of jumping quite the height without a second thought, he refused to show it on his face.

"You messed up, man." She mumbled, diving in to attack him—her hands clutching onto the dark blue denim jacket adorning his torso before ripping it off his shoulders as she spun him around such that the clothing pinned both his arms behind his back.

Renjun thrashed around, her grip too strong for him to break loose, so instead, he hunched over, using his arm strength to flip her over his body with his jacket that was gripped tight in her hands.

Jina's back collided with the floor, and a subsequent groan slipped through her mouth; letting out a soft wince at the impact, "How the fuck did you manage to lift me?" She mumbled, wondering how his petite figure flipped her over solely using his core strength.

Renjun smirked, pulling out a gun from his holster and pointing it at the girl who lay on the ground.

"Maybe you should try better." He mockingly gave her a smile, and she cursed under her breath before raising her feet from the ground, using the momentum to kick the gun out of his hold as her other hand effortlessly caught onto the weapon mid-air, aiming his own gun at him.

"Or maybe you should try better, Huang." His smirk fell, and it was now her turn to grin. Jina was on the floor, and though her stance did not give her much dominance, she knew her safety was assured as long as the firearm was in her hands.

Both had been striving to gain the upper hand in the grapple—their chests heaving heavily as neither of them refused to break the eye contact—gazes holding pure abhorrence towards one another.

"Move." She gestured with a small flick of the gun, finger curled around the trigger ready to pull, and he stepped back, surprisingly obliging to her commands. All he needed to do was stall time until his backup arrived, and that was exactly what he was doing.

Jina pulled herself to her feet, the muzzle not lowering from the boy who raised his hands in surrender—the abrupt twitch in his actions that switched made her pucker her brows, sceptical if he was planning something else in his mind but shrugging it away.

She hastily glimpsed around—the luxurious bed and bar counter with a huge television clung to the wall, dim lights shining down on the two figures gave away that they were currently standing in one of the rooms belonging to the VIP section.

"You're here for Jaeyoon, aren't you?" Renjun spoke up, maintaining a decent distance between his body and the gun, and she stayed silent, not bothering to respond.

Just as that question slipped his lips, a figure swung themselves in through the agape window, and both their heads turned to face the sound before something came striking in her direction.

The sharp knife split through the thick tension-filled air, and Jina's eyes widened before she impulsively jerked her head back, but she soon realised that her reaction was delayed when the blade slashed her cheekbones before piercing right into the wall, exactly where her head was a mere second ago.

Her wide eyes watched the silhouette that leaned against the wall, raised a hand above his head, sending her a curt wave as his honey-like, mellifluous voice exuding sarcasm spoke up, directing his words to the girl he stared back at with a faint smirk ghosting his red lips.

"Fancy seeing you, Jina Suh."

And they met 😩

And they met 😩

Next chapter boutta be very interesting 👀