8

The abandoned building that was submerged in the shadows of a poorly maintained alleyway with no lights inside warmly welcomed Donghyuck who had stepped out of the car with a hand over his upper arm that was now painted with streaks of blood, but ...

The abandoned building that was submerged in the shadows of a poorly maintained alleyway with no lights inside warmly welcomed Donghyuck who had stepped out of the car with a hand over his upper arm that was now painted with streaks of blood, but his palm ceased any further bleeding, though temporarily.

"Is it getting to your head?" Renjun asked as he climbed out and placed a hand on Donghyuck's shoulder, worried.

"Soon." Donghyuck rasped out as he inhaled sharply and blinked ahead, tiny black spots scattering his vision, giving away that his injury had flared across his body.

"Go ahead. I shall park the car and join you." Chenle-who had pulled up at the right moment to escape from Cipher and the cops-said with his hands sturdy on the steering wheel before his feet fell on the gas and he took off.

Stepping into the desolated building, both their legs moved along the unlit path they had taken for years now; the headquarters memorised deep within as they walked with no particular thought.

Though Renjun had a few bruises littering his extremities, he was still safe and sound, unlike his fellow member, so he was a few steps ahead of Donghyuck, quickly guiding him along the way.

Renjun halted in front of a rusty wooden door, and a blue hologram glowed in a circle beneath his feet, activating the system as a familiar voice spoke up.

"Welcome. Handprint recognition is now activated." The robotic female voice announced, and a few seconds later, a ray of laser light with an outline of a hand popped on the wall ahead and he lowered his hand.

"Access granted." The voice announced and the rusty door slid into the wall to reveal an elevator.

"Hurry in." Renjun ushered Donghyuck and quickly stepped inside the elevator, letting its door close as it began moving upwards.

"I informed Yangyang." Renjun said as he glanced at Donghyuck, who leaned against the wall of the lift with closed eyes, wincing once in a while as he moved his arm.

"Don't you dare fucking die on me." Renjun threatened, though a glint of worry flickered in his eyes, eliciting a soft chuckle from Donghyuck.

"Is that concern, I see?" He teased, causing the Chinese male to roll his eyes.

The elevator door opened, and the first person they saw standing right in front of the entrance, like he was awaiting their arrival, was Yangyang, and without wasting another second, he held onto Donghyuck's other arm and dragged him away.

Renjun was soon hauled into the crowd; everyone had gathered to hear their side of the story began to bombard him with questions, and he spilled every detail of the incident at the Elysian Club with exasperated sighs every now and then.

"How the hell did you get yourself in such a situation??" Yangyang sighed, eyeing the wound as he took Donghyuck to his room before seating the latter on the bed and beginning to mend the injury.