15. Dear Santa

Dear Santa,

So I have heard of you—a lot—but never tried writing to you before because, frankly, by the time I learned about you I was already too old to believe in you. 

Low on luck, loads of pressure, and a pandemic later, I think I might believe in anything now. I mean, if I can believe that Hogwarts is real, then it feels a tad bit unfair to ignore you.

Hope you've been doing okay, and that you are all warm and fuzzy (North Pole must be pretty cold, if I am freezing here in Gujarat) and that you have a ton load of cookies to recharge you after delivering all the gifts. And a family ready to celebrate Christmas with you once you are done with your job.

I don't want to ask for a lot, I really don't. You have millions of children, quite a few adults and some elderly folk to attend to, and a Rudolph to tame; the elves are probably asking for your assistance. I don't want to add my own list of problems and wishes to your already overflowing to-do list. So this year, I only have a few.

A vaccine to fight against this blasted virus.

Some hope.

Equality.

Sweets.

Cake.

And some hugs for everyone.

If, after all this, you have the time, I won't mind getting my letter to Hogwarts a bit late. You don't have to stress on this one though! 

Merry Christmas and don't forget to put a mask on 

~Anony Mous

PS I listened to my parents and have been a good girl throughout the year. Just thought I'd tell you that. <3

~*~*~*~*~2 December 2021~*~*~*~*~

First ever letter to Santa. I wrote this for the Xmas Advent Calander activity hosted by WattpadPotterverse, but I kinda liked this and, as I said above, this is my first letter to Santa, so I decided to publish it before I forgot where I had posted it. 

And who knows, Santa might be reading Wattpad, he might bump on my book, he might read my letter, he just might fulfill my wishes.

Who knows?

A Merry Christmas in advance to all those who celebrate it and a Merry December to everybody!

 Spread love (NOT the disease)
~Anony  

<|: )