Chapter 8

It was Wednesday pizza night with the boys and it was the first of the new season. It was a tradition every race week to spend one evening together before flying out to whatever part of the world we were in as we never get time to catch up whilst we are out there. Pizza wasn't the best thing to have as it goes against every rule of our strict diet but who cared.

"So Y/N how is your new boyfriend" George piped up mid conversation.
My cheeks instantly went red at the mention of Seb, I had forgotten that George ran into him at the hotel in Australia. I didn't get time to catch up with George and tell him to keep it hush hush but it's out now.
"Y/N HAS A BOYFRIEND??? Wait who is it?" lando squealed like a high school girl.
"He isn't my boyfriend. And I am not telling you who it is. George isn't going to say either. He found out by complete accident."

My phone screen lit up with a message. It was Seb. I quickly turned it over when lando tried to peek and attempted to divert the conversation.

"How's the pizza boys. We haven't done this in a while eh?"
"THAT WAS HIM WASN'T IT!" Alex shouted

Lando didn't have to wait he launched himself at the phone I latched onto it at the same time.

"LANDO"

He twisted round and hopped over the sofa. He turned my phone on and I saw a smirk form on his face.

"Lewis Hamilton hey? How did you manage that? Photo of Roscoe captioned he is missing you lots xx Ooo Y/N get in."

I burst out laughing, god this kid was a moron.

"Lando I think you have the wrong message." Chuckled George.

For fucks sake George, don't tell him. I shot him a sharp look.

"oh. If you aren't with Lewis who could be possibly bet-" lando looked back down at the phone and his jaw drop. He looked up at me, down at the phone and back up at me. My cheeks were probably as red as the ferraris at this point. "Beeindruckend... Frau Vettel."

"Lando don't."
"No I'm very happy for you, Charles always says how much of a gentleman he is and you pulled yourself a good one here and after all you must be happy if you're together..."
"Like I said we are not together. Just acquaintances. That's all"

Acquaintances was a very well, vague word. It had been a few weeks since Austrailia and we had only exchanged a few secret kisses and glances from across rooms. Every time we seemed to be alone, Toto or someone else would pop up out of nowhere. His family were in town for the past 3 races so hotel room sharing wasn't an option. Being secret was hard  and I keep wondering if I'll ever get that date he promised me.

"Acquaintances that shared a hotel room in Australia." George piped up.
"GEORGE!"
"Well did you two... yanno..." suggested Alex.
"WHAT NO EW. WELL NOT EW BUT  I JUST MET THE MAN."
"Just asking. Just asking."
"What did you do then?" Asked Lando
I let out a sigh and hesitantly, "nothing, we just talked and cuddled and we might of kinda kissed maybe..."
"KISSED! I WANNA KNOW THE FULL STORY"

The three boys were listening very intently to me talk about the party, the jacket and everything else that happened that night. Their chins in their hands and their elbows leaning on their knees, positioned like 5 year olds listening to a bedtime story. After I had finished they all looked at me with smiles plastered from ear to ear.

"How are you going to deal with Toto?" Asked Alex
"Good question. I have no clue. He strictly said no to even remotely being friendly with them but I don't know how long I can hide it from him."
"I'm sure he would under-" started Lando
George just laughed and said "It's Toto don't get your hopes too high. He sees Y/N as his daughter and would protect her from anything."
It was true but I feel like i don't need protecting from Seb, what if I did tell Toto and he fired me because he felt I wad unsafe, that made me feel sick inside.

"Can we change the conversation now I am very uncomfortable. Who wants to get wrecked at Mario kart?"

I got up and I threw each of them a remote and turned on the console.

"What are you doing Lando!" I excliamed as I almost got elbowed in the eye as he eccentricly steered his remote from side to side.
"I'm warming up my tyres if that's alright."
"It's Mario kart..." George poked
"YES still no difference your ending up in last anyways"
"Ouch George that one must of hurt" Chuckled a very focused Alex.
"HEY! HEY! you cut me up and skipped the corner Y/N! That's a penalty bro." Shouted George.
"It's only mariokart" poked a very amused Lando.
"Touché Norris. Touché"

I had finished the last race a full 2 laps before the other 3 so I opened my phone to message Seb. I had only said hi before my phone started ringing and lit up with his face.

"Hey, what did you call me for?"
"Just wanted to hear your voice. You don't hear the accent over texts you see."
"Ahhh I am understanding now. Your just to attached aren't you."

The boys looked over and smiled before turning back to the game. Clearly eavesdropping.
"HOW WASTHAT FAIR YOU PUSHED ME OFF THE TRACK" shouted Lando in the background. The boys than began to argue about leaving space.

"Don't question them. Mariokart does that to the best of us."
"Are you not playing? I'll go if you are..."
"Oh I finished laps ago dont worry I am the best at it dont worry, these boys are just too slow for the champ of Mario kart"
"The best eh? I think I might need to challenge you, I am pretty good myself."
"I would like to see you try Mr. Confident."
"When is your flight out tomorrow?"
"8am I should be landing in Spain around 11. Why are you asking? What are you up to Vettel?"
"Well I still owe you that date don't I?"
"Yes... you do."

All three of their heads had turned around now. Might have forgotten to mention that detail. I shot them a look as if to say dont even dare say anything and they all stopped smiling. They looked at eachother and nodded before standing up.

"Right Y/N we best be off. Pick you up at 6 to head to the airport?"
"Don't be late this time you three."
"Yes ma'am"
"Right see you boys tomorrow. I love you all."
"Seeya Y/N. Bye Seb!" They all chirped. I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

"Right. Where were we Mr. Vettel? Our date?"
"Yes. Our date"
"Oh shit. I haven't packed a dress in my suitcase. I can't even fit everything in it as it is."
"Don't worry about a dress. I might have a surprise for you."
"A man of surprises. I like that."
"Do you now... Y/N... I have a question for you... I think we need to be open with Toto about us, what do you think?"

I do agree, not that i don't like the sneaking around the ferrari garage but it was getting difficult to hide.

"Yes. I agree but I don't want to do it alone."
"I'll go with you of course. Good. This also makes this question slightly easier."
"More questions. Your getting greedy now Vettel"
"Im only greedy for you liebling. Right... Would you like to be meine Freundin?"

His. Girlfriend. I must be hallucinating. I pinched myself. Ow. Nope. Not dreaming. I sat there in silence for a moment before realising he was waiting for me to respond.

"Yes. Of course. No more sneaking around for us, we'll except from the media because we aren't that ready yet I don't think."
"Does this mean we can finally share a hotel room without having to 007 it down the corridor just for cuddles"
"The cuddles are 100 percent worth it though. Now get some beauty sleep before I see you tomorrow mein Leibe"
"Am I not beautiful without sleep?"
"No.. that's not... i was trying to say."
"I'm messing with you Vettel. Gutennacht."
"Gutennacht mein liebe"

He hung up as I walked into my room. I put my phone on my bedside table and collapsed on my back onto my bed and let our a sigh. I am the girlfriend of Sebastian Vettel. How the hell have I managed that.