Chapter 18

Authors note: MAX VERSTAPPEN YOU ARE THE WORLD CHAMPION🧡🦁🏆🥇that reminded me of Seb's first wdc win and I teared up to hear it. He most certainly deserved that title but what a season that was! Went down to the last lap, I felt like I almost had a heart attack. Kittos Kimi! We will miss him dearly. I hope he gets that drink now.

"So what are we planning to get then Y/N?" The tattoo artist asked me.
"Well Danny has his rose on his hand so I thought maybe I could get the same but a lily instead. Originality. We need to get one together too."
"Omg yes. How about a random inspirational quote that we will definitely take the piss out of when we feel shit."
"Wait I have it... Shine on." I said panning my hands out like it was written in the air. The pair of us looked at eachother for a moment before bursting out laughing.
"That is perfect."

The tattoo artist finished of both of out tattoos and Daniel and I decided to go out for lunch. I took him to my favourite cafe where we ran into a couple fans. Daniel being the attention loving man he is signed nearly everyone's napkin or shirt before we left and made our way back home. We ordered in a pizza and snuggled up to eachother on the sofa to watch a cheesy rom com on netflix. The best way to end a day with my best friend.

"Oh I forgot to show you something cool about the necklaces." He said pulling out his from his shirt. I pulled mine out and he brung his towards mine. "Look when they are close they become magnetic and then... bam" He exclaimed as the two necklaces snapped together.
"Aw that's sweet. We should just be classed as twins by now. Matching necklace, tattoo... what next."
"God knows." He said chuckling.

--------------------------

"Welcome back to the Thursday press conference where we are joined once again with Y/N Y /L/N and Sebastian Vettel. Firstly Y/N first home grand prix how are we feeling about this weekend?"
"I mean it feels good to be home and at a track where I used to watch some of the greatest back when I was little, race. Obviously we are looking for a good result, especially for the home fans who have come out to see it."
"Indeed. We saw that the birthday celebrations have already started over the psst weekend. You returned to your first karting track. How was it?"
"Oh god. It was a trip down memory lane alright. It was nice to go back and race in my old kart. I don't think I was expecting to see that only thing waiting for me on the track and it was a pleasure to drive again. I've come so far since then and I-"

My voice broke as my eyes started watering. Seb wrapped his arm around me and cuddled up to me resting his head on me. I looked up at him and smiled though teary eyes.

"As Y/N was saying. She has come so far since that first kart and I think she shod be so proud of herself. I mean seeing the pure emotion she felt driving round that circuit again. I think it made us all teary eyed. Every driver remembers their first kart or car and just reflecting back on how far you have come since that point is marvelling. You should definitely be proud of yourself."

He squeezed me slightly and looked down at me again. He mouthed you ok and I nodded back.

"On a much more lighter note. I've heard a rumour..."
Both mine and Sebs heads turned round instantly.
"That you joined the tattoo club."
"Oh yeah." Phew.
I looked at Seb who also looked slightly relieved. Good thing we was doing this soon because we are terrible at secrets.
"No, Daniel, as part of my birthday present took me to get a tattoo. Two in fact."

I showed my hand up to the camera where the lily was and then I twisted my arm around to show the words 'shine on' on the inside of my arm just above my elbow.

"Is there any meaning behind these?" Asked Seb.
"Well it is me and Daniel. Do you expect it to be all soppy and meaningful?" I joked
"Good point there."
"Well this one.." I said pointing to shine on, "me and Daniel sat there and was like ' what is the cheesiest inspirational quote we can think of' and thats what we came up with. Like I said no meaning but ot does make me chuckle when I read it. The lily is like Daniels Rose but obviously I wanted it to be original."

"Very. Focus has shifted from celebrations to racing so is there any adjustments that your teams have made to the car?"
"Well I cant certainly speak for my team. I don't know exactly what adjustments or changes that have been made but we have to see how it goes in practice tomorrow so we know what we need to do."
"Well thank you very much. Enjoy your first home grand prix Y/N and hope it isn't too over emotional for you. Seb you are going to have to look after her aren't you?" The interviewer joked
"I'm always looking after you. Aren't I?" He said looking down into my eyes. He smiled and I smiled back and nodded.
"Constantly looking after me. Honestly I don't know where I would be without this man. Shame he is a ferrari driver eh? I would keep him around more." I joked.
"Right thank you. That was Sebastian and Y/N here in Austria."

We walked out the interview, Seb's arm still around my shoulder as I wiped away the last of my tears. We made our way to the pit lane where I met up with Angela. I waved goodbye to Seb as he made his way down  to the ferrari garage.

"Right Y/N track walk with Lewis at 2 then you two have some things to film for grill the grid. I think it's it's new competition they are holding this year. Don't ask me what, I haven't been told anything else."
"Ye that's fine let me just go clean up and ill be out in 5."

I walked towards my drivers room where I bumped into Lewis.

"Hey stranger. Watch where you are going." I joked.
"Hey Y/N. I watched your interview. 'Shine on'" He said sarcastically and I laughed. "You ready for our track walk?"
"Ye I was just going to grab my phone and then we can go."

It was surreal walking onto the track for the first time. I gave my phone to Lewis to take some photos on the start line and of us as we walked around.

I looked down the track to where I saw a wild Nico Hulkenburg ahead of the track.
"Wait Lewis start recording, imma do something funny."
He pressed record and faced the camera in my direction.
"Right I am about to attempt my best David Attenborough impression. Apologies to the British fans at home."
I cleared my throat and begun, "So here we see a wild Renault driver." Lewis panned round to where Nico was about 40m ahead of us. "This specific species goes by the name of Nico Hulkenburg. A fun fact about the Hulkenburg variety, it is easily wound up by its cousin species the Riccardo and the Y/L/N, an animal native to this area. As we are about to demonstrate, don't do this at home people."

I cupped my mouth with my hands and shouted, "Nico Huuuuuuuuuulkenberg." He turned around and simply stuck his middle finger up at me.

"As you can see, the Hulkenberg variety is a dangerous species and should not be messed with. Let's see what other animals we can find." I said walking infront of the camera.

I stuck my hand out infront of Lewis as we approached Lando, George and Alex.
"Ive just spotted 3 wild British creatures. We must approach with caution as these animals are some of the stupidest in the area and are easily startled. We don't want to scare them off."
Lewis started to chuckle behind the camera. "Shush camera man, you will scare them off." I said pushing him behind a barrier.

Lando turned round to where me and Lewis were hiding and pulled a confused face.

"Oh shit. They have spotted us. That one is the Lando variety. Probably the dumbest of the 3 and most certainly the most confusing. We still to this day understand why the Lando varient is so attached to its PS5. We don't know whether it is meant to attract mates or if it is his only mate."
I burst out laughing and stood up. Lewis was folded over laughing and we had to compose ourselves walking over to Lando and the others.

"What was that all about?"
"Nothing, you'll see later." I said wiping away my tear of laughter.