Chapter 5

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

It smelled of smoke as the cars drove by, incoherent noises in the background as civilians made their way home. It was just like a normal night in the city for other people, meanwhile [name] had yet another encounter with one of the most dangerous people in Japan.

Mikey stood up, reaching in something from the pocket of his coat. His dull eyes stared down at his shoes, refusing to look at the person who was in front of him. Ran and Rindou was close by, watching their boss encounter the lady whom they found quite interesting. Maybe she was the type to not watch the news?

"Thank you.." he muttered out, handing her the umbrella she gave him not long ago. Her eyes softened from the confused look she had earlier on, taking the well-kept umbrella into the palm of her hands.

[name] chuckled, "I'm [surname] [name], a pleasure to meet your acquaintance! Even though we've had a few encounters before.." she trailed off.

Assuming the man in front of her wasn't that interested in introducing himself. Maybe he found her annoying, a nuisance to his day. That was before their eyes met once again. She felt somewhat sympathetic towards him, looking at the way his eyes were. Tired, stressed, resentful.

"Mikey," he said out loud enough for her to hear. There it was again, the warm feeling engulfed his heart once again. It felt as if his world stopped at that moment when he heard his name being called out by the person he didn't realize he was falling for. It felt like bliss when she said his name for the first time.

"It's nice to be officially introduced," she continued, saying that made Mikey snap out of his thoughts. It was weird and unusual, someone who was a crime boss made soft by this person who he barely knows.

They were different, yet their circumstances meant that they needed each other. Although, whatever could the devil have to offer to an angel who held a higher status than he?

Her eyes sparkled under the evening sky as he could only ever reflect the stars above. They were complete opposites, yet drawn together by something unknown. The quick silence was finally interrupted by a text notification from Mikey's phone.

"Ah, it's probably getting really late. The street can be dangerous at night," [name] informed, looking up at the sky before down on her wristwatch. It was still cold, her hands still shook under the temperature. Which did not go unnoticed by Mikey who was ever so observant on any occasion.

He took off his coat along with his gloves and handed them to the girl. She was hesitant, but the look in his eyes still held a threatening presence nonetheless. [name] halfheartedly took his coat and gloves before his voice spoke out.

"Meet me at the park. You can return those to me then," he stated. His voice sounded commanding, not used to the soft nature the girl preferred. Despite it all, his faults and his status weren't washed away so easily by mere feelings that showed up out of the blue.

He left afterward, turning into an alleyway where his subordinates were patiently waiting for him. However, they seemed to have a different idea of what their boss needed the girl for.

[name] stood there, baffled by the pieces of clothes on her arms. Was it really okay for her to wear it? It was a somewhat difficult decision, but finally succumbing to the cold, she placed the oversized coat around her and wore the gloves.

She sighed, relieved of the warmth from the coat and gloves. Making her way home, the stars above glimmered at the newfound story that started to unfold. However, it was uncertain if this held a happily ever after or a tragic end for the two.