Start of the Beginning

The sound of a dozen loud annoying alarms never pleased me, especially in the morning, and especially after only two hours of sleep. I guess my insomnia pills aren't really working. Waking up in the morning is the hardest part of the day for me. I'm a pretty deep sleeper. If the world was ending, and my life depended on me waking up, I'm sure I will still be asleep. So yes I need twelve alarms to wake me up, those alarm apps that require you to do a math problem to shut it off just doesn't cut it for me, I hate math.

It's Monday on October 8th. My first day of school. Yay.

I sat up in my bed, my eyes trying to focus. I covered my ears from hearing the alarms. I dragged myself to stand up. I shut off the first alarm beside my bed, then started my morning routine around the house turning off all the others. Two in the farthest bedroom from me. Three in the garage, where it echoed the most which I hated. Three more in the kitchen, and the last three in my bathroom. Can you imagine it? True Life, I have twelve alarm clocks.

Enough with my unusual sleeping habits, today's school! Should I be excited? I have no idea what to expect at this new school. I'm scared honestly, what if its completely hell for me. I shook my head, trying to get the negative thoughts out.

After the "getting ready" process I grabbed my car, and house keys. My backpack, with my iPod and phone. I ran out the front door, locking it. I got into the car. It was to hot outside, for my liking, and it's barely the morning! Where's the cool, damp, humid weather I'm used to?

I sat in my car for a few mintues thinking if I should just ditch school or not.

"Ditch school, or be a good kid?" I thought out loud.

"Be a good kid."

I started my car, and made my way to the school. Ten minutes later I pulled into the school parking lot. There it was in big letters "Clairemont High School" it was cute for a high school, with a weird choice of colors. Blue and orange? Does it go together? Really, Clairemont, really?

I parked my car into the farthest parking spot. I looked at my phone, it was 7:15 a.m. five minutes until school started. The eager students rushed into the building already. I groaned, hitting my head on the horn numerous times, scaring the group of kids in front of me. One girl shrieked, and glared at me threw my windshield. She was short, blonde, and pink.

I laughed at her stupidness. She shot me a death glare then her petite hand flipped me off, then her group of friends started to walk off. I couldn't let her get away with that.

I honked my horn again, this time two people of the group turned around, and she was one of them. I smiled widely at her, and flipped her back off.

"Bitch." I could hear her say.

I rolled my eyes at her. Then she turned back around walking off. But not the other kid. The other just stayed there looking at me, or my car? Either way I found it weird. He was pretty short, well short to me and I'm pretty tall. He had dark brown shoulder-length hair, a nose ring, and a light medium complexion.

Things started to get awkward as his blank face turned into a smile. I just looked at him, weirded out. I shrugged. Finally, the bell rang, first time I was thankful for school just to get out of this situation.

I grabbed my backpack, and other stuff for school and got out of my car. I slung my backpack over my shoulder, then locked my car. The guy was now watching me. I never feared for my life in a long time.

I sighed deeply then started to walk towards the school building.

As I walked past him, he scared me when he spoke suddenly. "Hey," he said.