Beginning of the Start

This day went not as horrible as I thought. People weren't acknowledging me, which I liked. After 4th hour, we went to lunch, well I went to lunch, Just me, myself, and I. It went decent, I mean, what more could I say? 6th hour, I spent that alone to, and creep guy was in there, but he didn't try to talk to me again. Yay. Now 7th hour, what a lonely life I live. 

I walked into 7th hour five minutes, late, due to the fact that I couldn't find building A.  

"Yes?" The teacher asked, as I stood in front of the door helplessly. 

"I'm new?" I said, well more in a question form. 

"You are?" She laughed, then turned to the class. "Class, this is our new student." Everyone looked at her, no interest at all. "Why don't you introduce yourself?" 

I shook my head no. 

"Come on." She tried to encourage me, shaking my shoulders. 

I looked at the class, they weren't paying attention at all. Most just staring off into space, and others had there heads down.  

"Your the first teacher to ask me that since second grade." I laughed.  

"Your never to old." She smiled. 

"Fine," I muttered. "Well, I'm Kato." It went silent, the kids now suddenly looking at me. "That's it." 

"Thank you, Kato." The teacher said. "Where you from?" 

"Oregon." I answered. 

"You came a far way." I was starting to get annoyed by her. 

"Not really." I shrugged. 

"Alright." She could sense my enthusiasm. "I'm Mrs. Hurt, your teacher." 

She looked out into the classroom. I could see her eyes stop on a boy who was drawing in his notebook, sitting alone at a table, that seated two, in the back of the room.  

"You can sit next to Tony." She pointed to the boy, he didn't even look up. 

I nodded, making my way towards the back of the room. The class went back to what they were doing before. I sat down next to the stranger.  

"Okay now, pull out your textbooks." The teacher instructed. 

I couldn't concentrate. The boy named, Tony next to me was playing his music loud. So loud, I could hear what he was listening to. Which was, Hit or Miss by New Found Glory. Along with his good taste in music, he could draw good. I snook a peek every time he looked away. 

Around 2:27p.m. the boy kept looking at the clock that was hanging above the whiteboard. Finally, he raised his hand.  

"Yes?" She asked. 

All he did was point at the clock, 2:30 p.m. She nodded in response.  

He grabbed his papers and shoved them in his bag. He stood up, and walked to the door. He looked short when he was sitting, but now he was tall. Everything he wore was black, well expect his shoes, they were gray. His hair was covered by a hat, which was a deep dark brown, almost black, and it went to the bottom of his ears, which were gauged with what looked like one inch plugs.. His skin, a light brown. On both sides of his bottom lip were two silver studs, well to be specific, snakebites. 

He walked out of the class, and school didn't get out till 2:45 p.m. I sighed heavily, trying to read the section like I was supposed to, maybe I could of concentrated now.

Finally school was over, thank god. One day was enough for me. I drove home as fast as I can, without getting pulled over. When I got to my house, I hurried inside quickly. It seemed like the sun was boiling against my skin.  

The cool breeze opening the front door was the best. I threw my backpack randomly. I slipped off my shoes, and ran up the stairs. I changed into lazy clothes; a big baggy t-shirt, and sweatpants. I threw up my hair, fastening it with two chopsticks. 

"Alone in this empty house." I said aloud. "What to do?"  

I walked around the house, trying to find something interesting. I walked into the living room, it was dark. The black curtains draped over all the windows, no sunlight coming through. I sat on the huge couch, grabbing the remote.  

After flipping threw every channel, finally setting on Pretty Little Liars marathon.  

I still couldn't believe I was all alone for seven months. I mean, I wasn't sad, it was just weird. I never thought this would happen. I always thought I would be the one leaving, for boarding school, or jail or something. Shouldn't I be glad my moms gone? Isn't that like every teenagers dream? Maybe I'm different from the oth-  

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I raced to it, almost tripping over my backpack as I ran. 

I unlocked the door, and opened it to see a boy. A boy with black spiky hair with a blonde streak on the right side of his spiky locks, holding a pan of something. He wasn't that short, and not that tall. He smiled widely, showing off his dimples. "Yeah?" I asked. 

"My mom made this pie for you." He gave the pan to me. "I guess to welcome you to the neighborhood." 

"Tell her I said thanks." I flashed him a small smile, then started to close the door. 

"Wait," his foot caught the door, holding it back.  

I was taken back by his sudden aggressiveness. I open the door again, wider than before 

"Sorry." He apologized. "But aren't you the new girl at Clairemont?" 

"Just started today." I nodded. 

"I'm Jaime." He smiled wide again. 

"I'm Kato."  

"Are you the only one that lives here?" I could tell his curiosity started to kick in. 

"No." I answered. "Me and my mom." 

"Where is she?"  

"She's not here." 

"She's not here?" 

"Yeah." 

"So your alone?" 

"Yeah." 

"Oh." 

"Yeah." 

"Sorry for the questions." He laughed. "I guess I'm just curious." 

I shrugged, "Curiosity killed the cat." 

"Well I'm still alive!" Not funny. 

"Yeah." 

We stood there in the door way, for about 30 more seconds in awkward silence.  

"Well, I should you know, get inside." I started to chuckle. 

"A little sun won't kill you." He looked at my slightly pale skin. 

"But it might." I spoke deviously.  

"See you tomorrow at school then." His dimples were enough to make me smile. 

"Alright." and with that I closed the door. 

I walked into the kitchen, setting the pie on the island table.  

I finally laughed at the situation, "that was weird."

-------------

Not that good yet.

New characters yay c:!