1

"Argh. How tiring." Y/N flopped on her bed as she lazily took off her shoes. Being a college philosophy teacher wasn't what she expected. The students were at least fun to interact with. "Just a few more days and it's the weekends!" She yelled happily. She planned on going on a date that night.

She hummed happily as she opened her fridge, hoping to cook herself dinner. "Eh? There's nothing here." She said, frowning in disappointment. Sighing, she decided to go out and buy groceries and restock her shelves. She took off her skirt, changing it to pants and slipping on some sneakers as she left her home, she scrolled through her phone, noticing the several messages she received from her father. She scowled, muting his number and shutting her phone off. "Stupid old bastard." She mumbled. "Welcome!" The cashier said as Y/N entered the mini mart. She picked up the basket, and began filling it with her necessities. Picking up some instant noodles as well for dinner since she was too tired to cook now. "That'll be 1,212 yen." The cashier said as she finished scanning her items. After paying Y/N quickly went home, boiling some water for her noodles. She hummed as she washed some dishes on the sink that she didn't clean that morning, until the lights went out. She looked around confused, they rarely had black outs. She poured the hot water into the cup noodles, turning off the gas as she decided to wait a while before asking the owners of the apartment as to what was going on.

"Mr. Wang? Sir?" She knocked at the door, she looked around, it was eerily quiet and dark in the hallway, the only light being emitted was from her flashlight. 'Is he not here?' She thought to herself. Instead she decided to knock on her neighbor's doors to see if they knew what was going on either. But every door she knocked showed no response, as if there was no one there. "What the hell??" She mumbled as she began turning the knobs, most of them were locked. This was very strange, all the neighbors should've been home by now. Finally she was able to open one of the doors as she went in, it was empty, even the baby's crib in the room was empty, they soup on the stove was overflowing as if the person cooking suddenly disappeared. She quickly turned off the stove, she looked around, unable to comprehend what the hell just happened. She quickly ran up to her own room, taking a knife and putting on a jacket as she decided to look for help outside.

"I swear to god if this is one of those zombie dramas...." She mumbled to herself quietly as jogged down the road, checking stores and homes if anyone was there. Even the minimart she was in just an hour ago was empty, the whole place was deserted. She rested on a bench panting. "did they just, suddenly disappear?" She wondered. Realizing she had her phone, she quickly took it our of her pockets, but it wouldn't even turn on, no matter how much she click the power button. "Fuck." She threw her phone on the ground in stress, grabbing her hair. "What the hell is going on." She said, tugging on the roots of her hair. Her thoughts were cut off as a bright light began to shine, it was from the city's big screen. Her eyes widened as she quickly ran there, into the middle of the street. Cars were scattered around the city, as if they were caught in an accident, but nobody was around, Y/N felt the fear bubble inside her. More so after reading what was on the big screen.

Welcome, PLAYERS

The game will commence in a moment.

She looked up, confused. "Game?" She said in confusion. Staring at it until the screen changed.

This way to the GAME ARENA

She looked as it pointed to her left, she saw a purple glow in one of the buildings. "There must be people over there." She said to herself as she began to run towards the light like a desperate moth. Upon arriving, she stopped at the entrance. "A hospital?" She said, confused as she entered. In the waiting room, she found 4 other people. "Thank god, I thought everyone disappeared!" She said as she jogged over, one of them widened their eyes at her as she entered. "Excuse me, do you know what happened? Everyone just suddenly disappeared." Y/N said as she approached one of the people, They looked at her reluctantly before ignoring her words as they looked at their phones, in the middle of a table, Y/N noticed there were phones, and a sign that said One each She picked one of them up, turning it on. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows as it said 'FACE RECOGNITION IN PROGRESS, PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT' "what the...." She mumbled, she looked up to see what the others were doing, but they were just standing there, some of them looked nervous and afraid, the others looked like this was something they've done before.