CHAPTER 7:LURE THEM OUT WITH SWEETS.

"Master, look!" Elean exclaimed, her face as bright as the sun shinning upon the land. "The seeds are sprouting!"

"I know. I know." Elean knew about the conditions I was sent here so she has been worrying about it every day and night. Like an old lady, she has been restless ever since some of the plants died a few weeks ago. A young child like her should be sleeping without such worries but because of me, she couldn't even sleep properly at night.
Before I am done with my revenge I must send her to somewhere safe without anyone knowing. Though i doubt if she will go.

Its been five months since we have stayed in the northern wasteland.

Compared to prior, there are a few changes here and there.
The first noticable change is the golden weed grass that was creeping an abundant part of the land. It was like carpet grass in golden colour instead of green. While dividing this land into smaller plots, I deliberately made the section bigger where I was going to grow the golden weed grass. It paid off very well.
There were also a few more taller herbal trees planted in rows on each side alternate to each plot of land.

The little bit of greenary starting to dawn on the barren land was truely a bliss to the eyes. Even for me.

Since all of the plants I have used so far don't require minimal water supply I think it will be more advantageous if there were to be an irrigation system to water the next batch of normal plants that I am thinking of adding.
First, I must make some arrangements ahead to ensure that there is adequate supply of water in this land which will serve as the source of irrigation for normal plants.

Building pipes and canals will take a bit of time. But I didn't wanted to take that route when there is a really easy way.
Plus, my deal of promising to turn this land into an oasis meant that there has to be a pond on this land. Atleast!

*Chirp*

I heard a sweet chirping diving down towards me from above.
It was a magical bird messanger.

Once the brid landed on my hand it turned into a letter.

I read the reply to my earlier request.

"So they are coming tomorrow." I sighed finishing the letter. Once I was done reading it vanished into think air.
"Elean." I said turning to her. "The king will be here tomorrow. We will have to prepare a warm welcome to him." Even though I was calm, honestly I didn't wanted to face that piece of trash. The disgust I feel everytime I see that crazy villain always reminded me of my abuser, that fucking crown prince.

When the villain arrived at the doorstep of our little house, I felt sickening inside. Having no choice I had to suppress these feelings deep inside me and lock it up in the abyss of my heart. Seriously, the sword that I was intending to make use of was stinky but powerful. In other words he was a necessity so I will have to make use of him at any cost.
I have quite a lot of special arrangements made for this villain in the future.

"Greetings to the king." Both Elean and I got down on our knees greeting him with respect.

He didn't even give a word for us to stand yet the king went right inside our house, the little hut which had been upgraded in terms of size.

"So tiny." That was the first words that left the king's lips.

"Indeed." Giggling lightly his companion remarked. This girl who was about my age was the younger sister of the villain, in other words, the princess. The only princess of the empire. Unlike her sweet facade, she is a woman who is capable of many things and is one of the few who the king considers important.

I took them to a tour on the northern land. By foot of course. We walked through the land plots that I had divided. The king and the princess kept silent as their snake like eyes scanned the miracle I created.

"I thought I would find a land dumped in food and vegetable waste since that's what you order almost everyday from the capital. Its so bizarre. To think that all those waste became one with this land." King Rhaskhiz spoke, his eyes staring at the little bits of greenary before him. The once barren land was now covered in some colour. Then his eyes paused. Looking at me he smirked, clearly amused.
"An oasis needs to have a pond. I don't see it for now."

This little! As if. Those words were nowhere near enough to rile me up. "I am currently working on it. It will be here the next time you come to visit."
When I said next time, it meant the end of the year.
Since I refused to let them come over and inspect more than once.

"....." Both brother and sister stared at me. Their snake eyes hid the curiosity they had.

Good. As I had no intention to explain either.

King Rhaskhiz flashed a vile smile as he exclaimed. "The ingredients you had ordered this time, does it have anything to do with that?"

As expected this guy is a danger to be wary of. He is a man of great calibre just like the male lead and the protagonist. I have to be extra vigilant.

"More or less." I said.

"First kitchen waste and now cooking ingredients? The relation is really bizarre." Princess Arahktla remarked, her lovely face looking at me with dazed eyes.

The king smiled. He had a "I look forward to that moment" on his face.

Thankfully once the inspection was over they left without asking me any questions.

I know for a fact that they were saving it for the end of this year. When my results will satisfy them they will interrogate me for sure.

Once they were gone, I felt a burden off my chest.

Then the following day I started to make sweets. All kinds of sweets.

These were to bait those who would help me build a pond. To lure them out with sweets.

The fairies.