CHAPTER 12:WHICH WAS IT?

RHASKHIZ'S POV:

"....." I was speechless, for the pond that was promised to me was indeed there. Infact there were three of them.

The oasis really was there. Right in front of me.

How did he do it?

That was the first question that came to my mind.

Building a pond and filling it up with water wasn't an easy task. Moreover, this boy didn't ask for any assistance from our side. So how did he do it? Given that the water source closest to the wasteland was miles away, how?
No wait.

I carefully observed the boy from the corner of my eyes. His demeanor has changed. And so his mannerism and body language. Even his face has changed even though the looks remained the same.

The way he chuckled to himself as if he saw or heard something funny and the way his eyes curved everytime he replied, it was very unfamiliar.
I have hold this boy for countless of nights and never once did I ever see him make a face or act that way.

Never!

Who was this boy in front of me?

That question tickling me deep inside made me shock. It wasn't that I did not believe people can change, rather, the current demeanor of the boy was different.
Was his past demeanor an act? Is this his real character?

Or......

I felt uneasy for some reasons. When there is something you can't quite figure out you won't be satisfied until you undo the puzzle before you.

That's why I told him that we will have a nice chat when we return to the capital. This boy needs to give me answers. Lots of answers.

"My king, I cannot return to the capital with you."

When he rejected my offer it made me half furious and half curious. The madness emanating from my body was out of control.
Everyone near us felt it.

But the young boy who was barely even fifteen looked at me with a piercing gaze, that look, calm and collected.

"Speak your reason." I gave him a chance to explain why he declined.

"There is a place I want to go." I heard him say. "My home. I wish to visit my homeland and stay there for sometime before I return."

There was a subtle smile on his face. It was there for a split second but then it disappeared without any trace as if it were never there.

This kid.....!!!

He dares to conceal his intentions before me?

It made me excited for some reason.

A kid who was obedient like a puppy was now behaving like a new born bird ready to take flight.

Very well.

My eyes slanted towards this toy who I didn't recognise anymore.

"Permission granted. Write to the palace when you plan to return."

I said.

Fine. Since you look like you are up to something I will give you another chance.

Since the current  you is so  interesting I will allow you to fly.

So that you can show me which way your wings are going to flap.

I smiled. Inwardly.

Thinking about....

Then I saw it again.

The boy, no, Renever's eyelashes fluttered, his lips parted a bit.

Then he let out a puny little smile.

"This kid!" My eyes narrowed at him.

Did he change or was it an act?

Which was it?