Chapter 1

100 days before

He yanks me by my hair and throws my fragile body on the ground. I could feel the pain radiating through my scull as my head hit against the cold concrete. Blood dripping from my waist due to the glass shattered across the ground. Tears escape from my eyes and mixes with the blood in my hands from gripping my waist, trying to prevent the loss of my own blood. I watch as my brother who once was so sweet to me leave the room. In seconds I realized that his body figure was slowly but angrily coming towards me. I can't help but remember how he used to be before-

"Get up. Get up now!" His deep and loud voice causes my body to shiver with fear.

"I-I c-can't. My-my waist, it's bleeding." I speak softly hoping he would understand, although he never does.

"I don't give a fuck! Get up before I do the same to the other side." He says scaring me even more.

"Please, Mike. It hurts." I plead to him with my teary eyes before closing them slowly in defeat.

"Don't you dare fucking call me that Gabriella! Don't you dare!" He shouts at me and my facial expression morphs into hard cries. Scared of what he'll do to me next. Gosh if I just stayed home then none of this would have happened.

"Where have you been?" Miguel asks. I could smell the alcohol on him. Things always turn out bad once he starts drinking. My heart starts beating faster than normally.

"I was at Natalie's. We had a movie day. I-it was fun." I said trying to give him a genuine smile when I knew that I was lying. I was visiting my mother's grave. I'm not aloud to, but talking to her keeps me calm even when she's not with us anymore.

"At Natalie's huh?" He asks and I nod my head still smiling.

"Then why was Natalie out of town at her grandma's when I phoned her?" My heart starts beating even more faster. I was in deep trouble. I could already feel the aches of pain in my body.

"You lied to me. You went to the grave didn't you? You bitch!" He says loudly before pulling my hair harshly to the back and smashing his tequila bottle on the ground.

"I'm sorry I won't call you that again. I'm sorry, I'm sorry please forgive me." I beg with sadness and fright.

"Shut up. Go to your room and lock yourself in there. I don't give a damn if you have to crawl up these stairs. Not a word to dad or I'll make you pay. Understand?"

"I understand." I respond in defeat. Yeah, this is my life. Aren't I living the teenage dream?

It took me a while to get to the top of the stairs but it didn't really bother me seeing as this is what I am used to. I've gotten used to dragging myself to my room with striking pains radiating through my head because of the hair pulling or the other parts of my body because of the hard gripping, hits or stabs.

Dad doesn't know about these incidents. Miquel insists on not informing him about this but what I know is that there is no way in hell that dad would even care a little bit. He's just as bad as my brother. Sometimes he yells at me and tells me that I was a mistake and should've never been born.

I hate that I love them. This is the reason I keep quiet. In spite of all the things they do to me, all of the violent things, I love them and I don't want to lose them.