Chapter 5:

I exited the bathroom and luck was on my side today because Ethan was nowhere in sight

As I walked over to my table I noticed Emma sitting in my seat "Rose, I've missed you so much" she said engulfing me in a huge hug.

Emma was Logan and Ethan's Little sister she had been my best friend since we were eight when we met at our first Family dinner with the Carlson's.

"Emma, it's been so long I'm so happy to see you" I said engulfing her into another hug "c'mon, we have so much to talk about"

As soon as she walked away I don't know if I was relieved or sad because I knew she hated me but I wasn't sure if I felt the same way

in that moment I decided we would never work as friends we frustrate each other so much but the problem was we had to pretend to love each other and we had to make it believable.

I'm not sure how this will work between us, she believes I hate her. Which sometimes I do that girl is aggravating.

But also there's something about her that makes her different from the rest, special.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about her, it's definitely not anything close to like or live or anything because it just won't happen.

But I know that I don't hate her.

"So have you thought about all of this pretend dating thing with Ethan" Emma practically yelled across the table so I shushed her because the less people that know the less likely this is to get out

Well I know that it's probably a good thing for it to get out, since that's the whole idea.

and I don't even want to think of what will happen if people find out all this is fake.

Emma pulled me back into reality with a concerned look on her face "hello? You there?" I looked at her with a small smile tugging at my lips "I mean I think it will benefit both of us but you know me and your brother don't get along"

I was now worried that it wouldn't work "shut up, you both say that but it could be a wonderful friendship".

"Friends? Really" I replied.

"C,mon you don't actually hate each other" she smiled back.

"Ok I'm headed to the bar I'm gonna need about 50 drinks if we're gonna have one of those conversations".

I laughed nervously as I walked off I mean Emma was my best friend but she never shut up even when you asked her to stop she would keep going and that's what she would've done if I had sat at that table.

so I thought I'd get out now because otherwise I never would.

But as I was about to sit on a stool at the bar I saw a dark shadow coming in my direction and immediately recognised his scent.

It was him.

Ethan.

"Hi" I said shyly

"Rough night?" He said as he approached

"Yeah,you" I answered him

I'm not sure my night was rough, just confusing.

"Yeah" I could here the sigh in his throat, he was over this party, maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

"You can sit.....if you want..to" I stuttered, why was I nervous it was only Ethan"ok ".

he sat next to me and we both drank in silence not knowing what to say but I needed to get it out there and if it went badly I'll just say i was drunk "so how's this gonna work".

I motioned my hands back and forth between me and Ethan "you know this pretend dating thing" he looks at me like he had no idea what I was talking about "I don't know I guess we would have to go to events together and gatherings any public place really at least once a week" wow he had really put thought into this.

"Ok, yeah that's good" i smiled I really didn't know what to say also adding I still hadn't quite grasped the concept of all of this.
———————————————————————-

Fuck. I thought to myself.

Me and Rose had never gotten on not like my sister and her and she was even ok speaking to Logan but when it came to me she just avoided it and I had no reason why.

I knew she hated me but truthfully I didn't hate her in fact I think I like her.

maybe this fake dating thing will help me get closer with her.

I had to stop thinking and I pushed my thoughts to the side and stared at her from the barstool I was sitting on "what?" she said pulling me out of my head and I quickly realised what I'd done "sorry,what did you say" I looked at her and gave a small smile but I never smiled it hurt too much.

Every time I have one ounce of happiness someone always has to come around and ruin it "I asked how this was gonna work you and me pretending".

I let out a huff and saw her face drop and explained all the things we should probably do for this to work she agreed with me and that was easy now was the actual doing it and we had a Grand ball to go to next week so I just hope everything goes as smoothly as I'm planning.

I think I've always had a thing for her, but I think seeing her today like properly just talking to her instead of just glancing from across the room.

It's made me realise how beautiful she actually is.

But I know it's not what she wants or ever will want so I can't let her know I feel that way towards her or I'd lose her forever.

And I'd rather have her hate me and still be in my life than be strangers who never see each other.