Part 4

Kellin'sP.O.V.:

I saw Alan two days later, waiting for me with Vic in the school parking lot. A black tank top was draping his thin pale frame, a cigarette hanging from his cute-wait, what?-his lips, he was sprawled out on the hood of Vic's car. Over all, the affect was exciting for me, while the other high schoolers stared in disdain and slight fear of the boys.

I couldn't help but give a small shy smile, and keep my grinning face down as I made my way over to the deviants.

"I'm hungover." Vic stated dully from beneath his shades.

"I'm not surprised, how many rounds of beer pong did you play last night?" I snickered.

"Shut up and get in the car." He grumbled climbing in the front seat. His car had a bench seat so Alan smirked and gestured for me to get in the middle. I did, blushing the whole way.

"Where are we going?"

"Vic's house." Alan answered, relaxing so his thigh leaned against mine. I couldn't help that my heart beat a little faster in my chest. He was so attentive. I shouldn't fall so quickly for that, but he seemed more caring than Austin. I did practically beg Austin to start this stupid thing with me. Maybe it was my fault this whole thing happened. Maybe-

"Kellin?" Alan was shaking my leg, Vic had already left the car, trudging up to his apartment. "You okay?"

"Mmhm." I nodded distractedly, coming back to the present.

He shut the door again and manually rolled down the window. "No you're not. What's up?"

I shrugged and looked down at my lap. "Just thinking about that guy." I glanced up at him to see his jaw clench and his nose flare slightly in anger. "Sorry, its stu-"

"No, stop." He turned his body to face mine, taking off hi sunglasses and throwing his cigarette butt out of the window. "I just want to say one thing: this guy is not worth your time." Well that was blunt. "He is clearly a piece of sh it that doesn't understand that you guys are equal parts in whatever relationship you have going on. Okay?" His eyes pleaded with mine, "You need to spend more time with someone who appreciates you. Its not fair of him to-to-" he floundered his hands about, looking flustered trying to find the right words, "to useyou like that. To treat you like your feelings don't deserve to be at least acknowledged. Okay?"

I gave a small nod but didn't meet his eyes, "Alan?"

"Yeah?" He sounded grateful that I was engaging.

"Do you-like-is it-Did I do something wrong? Is this my fault? Maybe I pushed him into it, maybe he never really-"

"Stop. If he didn't want this, I guarantee you that he would have spoke up." He said firmly, easing my concerns. He was right, Austin wanted me at first at least to some degree, or he would have stood by his decision to say no. I nodded again.

"You're right." I concluded quietly.

"Yeah?" His eyebrows lifted and a smile settled on his face. I nodded again quickly with a smile on my face. "Good. That's what I like to hear." He leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine affectionately. I could just feelthe difference between Austin's lips and Alan's. Austin's were always desperate and hungry...he never kissed me after sex. Alan's were quiet and gentle, playful. "Now come on. Let's go hang out with the drunk overlord and his tall minion." He pulled away and tugged me out of the car up to Vic and Mike's apartment.

For a while we just hung out with Mike who played video games, and Vic slept. Then finally Vic woke up after about an hour to join us. "Dude, I'm hungry." He stretched showing his tan skin that I'd kill to have.