Chapter 6

Ank backed away from the console rapidly. Areex followed suit - backing away from the stasis pods as though they were radioactive.

"We've got to get all of the archaeologists out of here now!" said Areex.

"THERE'S A BOMB! I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG WE HAVE BUT IT ISN'T GOING TO BE THAT LONG!"

This got an immediate reaction from the archaeologists - who started for the exit. Very quickly, large groups of archaeologists had left the Palace.

By the time that Ank and Areex had reached Ralkys, the coffins had gotten halfway towards the end.

"I got a few artifacts from the Palace into my bag. Hopefully, you can return them." said Ralkys as Ank grabbed the book that Aquanghazi had used to smash the psionic guard. She then stepped behind Ralkys and helped him to run towards the exit. Aquanghazi joined shortly afterwards.

It was at this point that the door began to close - irising downwards - seemingly as a last attempt to kill the intruders into its sanctum. Areex reached into a pocket in his outfit and grabbed the compact laser pistol they used. A beam of energy hit the door controls shortly afterwards. This caused the door to stop.

The group of four beings practically jumped out of the door. They then joined the rest of the archaeologists and set off for the raft.

Several minutes later, the Palace exploded. A burst of red fire shot upwards - reaching the horizon. The blue sky was beset by this invader.

By this point, the archaeologists had managed to get a safe distance away. A group of archaeologists led by Ralkys began frantically paddling towards the mainland.

They reached it after only two minutes.

A few hours later, Ankarstian and Areex were back in the device that had brought them to the Desmaal Spiral. This device resembled a white tea cabinet. It sat in the back of an empty alley.

"We should probably alert the rest of the Resistance about the invasion attempt" said Areex as they approached the cabinet.

"Definitely, Poseidon will want to hear about this." replied Ank. That was when she looked at the book she had grabbed. "I had always intended to get this one." On the front cover - written in Agurnan - was the title of the book. "I had gotten all of Ehkel's work except for one. The Ahn'karan. I met Ehkel once. Very good in bed for a species without legs."

Ank and Areex then entered into the cabinet.

Several seconds later, Ralkys found where they were. "Aquanghazi is having a banquet if you want to join-"

That was when he saw the tea cabinet vanish. The sound of wind stuck for several seconds before vanishing.