Part 1

DARYL'S POV

Rick came into my room as I was gettin' ready. My side didn't hurt that bad and I wanted to find the girl, but I saw Rick and I knew something was off. He sat down on the bed and looked at me without saying anything.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The hell did you say to her?" He asked angrily.

"Rick it don't matter."

"Yes it does, Y/n just left Daryl. And I don't think she's coming back." He stated and walked out of the room.

"She what...?" I asked into the empty room.

God damn it. Why did I do that? What the hell is wrong with me? Did she leave? Without saying goodbye? She probably hates me now? Y/n... What have I done? I'm such an idiot.

Y/n POV

After leaving the farm it was quiet, it was so strange. Not being a part of a group. Sure I'd been on my own before. Of course, I have. But that was the biggest group I'd been a part of in a while. Being alone felt... nice. I walked day and night, If I had to rest I would climb up a tree and rest and then I'd keep walking. It had been a week since I left when I saw someone. It was a woman, who was walking walkers... on chains... and the others didn't bother her. I figured it worked the same as in Atlanta when Glenn and Rick covered themselves in guts. Yet I stayed away from her. Knowing that if she saw an unfamiliar face she probably wouldn't react well. Until I got cornered, there were way too many walkers and yet, I still slashed and slashed, excepting that if that was how I died I wasn't going down without a fight. Then the woman was helping me fight off the walkers. We slashed side by side until the only two left were hers, and I was now realizing they didn't have arms or jaws. Smart, she made it so they couldn't bite or scratch her. That's when I realized who it was.

"Michonne?" I asked in shock.

"Y-Y/n?"

"You.. you're alive." I stated. I had been in a group with Michonne very early on, at the very beginning of the end, the group wasn't big by any means but we kept each other safe, and then someone got bit and turned, I thought I was the only one who made it out, turns out so did Michonne.

"Ha, yeah. So are you." She said as she put her katana away.

"So, I see you're living... How'd you make it out of Austell?"

"Fought, pretty damn hard. You?"

"Fought. And then by some miracle, I made it out. You been in any other groups since then?" I asked

"No. I'm better alone. Have you?"

"Just one. And I'm realizing I'm better off." I responded

"Did you ever find that Daryl guy you were lookin' for?"

"Oh, yeah. Kinda wish I didn't."

"Ah. Well, I'll see you around Y/n."

"Yeah. You too Michonne."

And then we went our separate ways, I walked for a few hours after that, before I found a small convenience store that seemed to be void of any walkers, and it hadn't been hit yet. So I did what anyone would do in the apocalypse, I raided it and took anything I needed, I grabbed a bag, and then loaded it with food and water. I had enough to last me at least 3 weeks. I also grabbed some wire, wire cutters and rope, because you never know. I called that sufficient and then continued on my way.

A day and a half later I saw it. A prison. I looked at it and then devised a plan, there was no way I could clear the entire thing by myself, but I knew that prisons' had watchtowers, and if I could get through the gated part of the yard and clear that, I could have a whole tower to myself. Easy to defend and far enough away from any walkers that they couldn't get me. It was perfect. So that's what I did. Luckily I only had to clear one section of the gated area because of the way it was sectioned off, so I cut through the fence by the east tower and only had to kill three walkers, I then tied the fence with some silver wire I found at the store and made my way up the tower. There was only one walker in there, but it was hard to kill. It was dressed in riot gear meaning fully armored and protected. After a few tried I managed to stab it under the face visor and through its chin. I disposed of it by throwing it out of the window, I mean no one down there was gonna care.

{854}

I know it's short but the first one in any of my stories is always short just bear with me it's hard filling in time in walking dead fanfics without every other word being I killed a walker. Bear with me.