Part 3

It's been 8 months since I left the farm. It's been really weird being on my own again, after finding Daryl I thought I'd stay with that group forever. But that's long past over, the prison is my home now. Yeah, it's pretty lonely but the tower is better than anywhere else. At least it was.

I went on a run for food and such and came back to the prison to see a different section of the fence had been cut, and red wire instead of silver laced it together. I hurried to my fence and I climbed up the stairs. Once I was back to the top I did a quick survey of the prison yard. Every single walker that used to wander around and groan.... they were all dead. Someone cleared the yard. Well a group of people it seemed, by now it was night and I could see their group around a fire, I felt an ache in my chest. I missed my group, Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Hershel, Beth, hell I missed Daryl...

I shook those thoughts from my head and silently climbed down the steps to the watchtower and out the door. I hurried my way towards the group but kept my distance. I was just out of sight when I stopped and listened to them speak. Making sure they weren't a threat.

"That's his third time around.If there was any part of it compromised, he'd have found it by now." One of the people, an older sounding man said gesturing to a moving figure just opposite me. I instinctively crouched down so that he wouldn't see me.

"This'll be a good place to have the baby. Safe." A younger girl said softly. A baby. Wow. Her voice sounded slightly familiar, but I brushed it off. I listened to them talk for a few more minutes when two girls began to sing.

"...sing "Paddy Reilly" for me. I haven't heard that I think, since your mother was alive." The older man asked when I zoned back in and paid attention.

"Daddy, not that one, please." No, I know her voice... I have to-it's so familiar.

"How about uh... "Parting Glass"?" He suggested.

"No one wants to hear." The other woman with a familiar voice said shyly.

"Why not?" Another vaguely familiar voice belonging to a young guy asked.

"Of all the money e'er I had I spent it in good company And all the harm e'er I've ever done alas it was to none but me and all I've done for want of wit To memory now I can't recall So fill to me the parting glass good night and joy be with you all...." She paused drawing out the note and then the other woman joined in her singing.

"oh, all the comrades that e'er I had were sorry for my going away And all the sweethearts that e'er I had Would wish me one more day to stay But since it falls unto my lot That I should rise and you should not I'll gently rise and I'll softly call good night and joy be with you all good night and joy be with you all" They finished together. While they were singing the man that was previously pacing the fence had come back and began to eat whatever they were having. As soon as the song finished I knew who they were. I knew their singing voices anywhere.

I slowly got up from my now sat position on the floor walked slowly over to the fire so I could see slightly better, and spoke my suspicion, "Mags? Beth..?"

I had never seen a group of people whip their heads around so fast. The second Maggie and Beth heard my voice they ran to me knowing who it was. The second they had their arms around me I broke. I was doing so well not missing them to the point where I would cry, but now that they're here I didn't have to anymore.

"Y/n. Oh my god." Maggie whispered with her arms still tightly around me. I could hear her voice crack telling me she was crying too.

Beth had let go by this point and was checking my over making sure I wasn't hurt, "Y/n/n thank god you're ok. Oh god Y/n." She kept saying over and over again as her voice clearly showed she was crying.