Part 2

It had been almost 2 weeks since I left the farm and my mind was still racing.
Did they find Sophia? Daryl really did say that to me. Are Maggie and Beth okay? Rick and Glenn? Carol? Are any of them okay? Are they safe? Still at the farm? Maybe I could go back. No, no I'm better off out here. If it's meant to be I'll find them again.

I was just being plagued by thoughts like that ever since I left. After finding the prison and clearing the section by my watch tower I realized I needed to either go hunting or find a supply store and raid it. The food I had from my journey was almost gone, and I didn't want to go hunting since that reminded me of Daryl so, I decided to go out and try to find a store that had more than just random things others didn't want and take.

I threw on my flannel over my tank top and decided to head out. I grabbed my green duffle bag, Bow and arrows, and my knife then walked down the steps and out the door. I found the bow a little while before the prison and after I saw Michonne. Then I decided it would be quite than a gun and I could kill walkers from father away, so I made some arrows, Daryl had shown me how a ways back. I untied the wire holding my fence together and stepped past the gate, quickly killing a walker that tried to get at me. Then I began walking north of the prison I thought I had seen a store of some sort a little ways off the farm, basically between the farm and here.

After an hour of walking and killing about 9 walkers, I made it to the store. I knew I had seen it. I cautiously walked in through the shattered glass doors avoiding stepping on any glass when I heard it. A tapping sound on the windows as if someone was trying to draw any walkers to them, so they could be dealt with. I then heard a singular walker moan and a bit of a struggle as whoever it was killed it. I advanced forward at a slow pace readying myself for a fight. I readied my bow and was prepared to let go at any moment. I rounded the corner of shelves and saw... Glenn and Daryl.

"Jesus Y/n." Glenn said seeing me after I almost shot him with an arrow.

"Nice to see ya to Glenn."

"Well hey, I am glad your alive." He said giving me a half smile.

"Yeah you too," I paused and looked at Daryl greeting him with no emotion in my voice. "Daryl."

"Hey."

Glenn quickly then said, "I gotta-- I'm gonna-- I have to-yeah." And then left as quickly as possible to check out the rest of the store.

"What are you doin' here?" Daryl asked me in a low voice.

"Lookin' for food and supplies. You?"

"Same."

"'Kay. Well bye then." I said wanting to leave as fast as possible.

"Wait! Y/n. Can we talk?"

"Oh now you wanna talk? Huh, you really are funny Daryl."

"You left! Left our group without sayin' goodbye! So yeah I wanna talk."

"Oh no, I said goodbye. Just not to you. You don't deserve it. So yeah I left without saying goodbye. But I wasn't the one who ended us. I wasn't the one who got to scared to actually have a good thing going in life. I wasn't the one who screwed it up! and I wasn't the one who ended our friendship and relationship!!" I yelled.

"I made a mistake 'kay! Shouldnta done that! How could ya have this conversation with me? I didn't deserve a goodbye? After everything, we went through?!" He half yelled.

"Everything we went through didn't mean shit after you decided you didn't want this anymore! I used to trust you with my life! My fucking life! And now, god now I can barely look at you. You ended it not me. So yeah, you didn't deserve a good-fucking-bye!" I said lower my voice only slightly.

"We've known each other since we were 9 Y/n. I deserve a goodbye more than anyone else did." Daryl responded. I could hear the hurt in his voice, it almost made me bend. almost.

"I'm better off on my own." I responded as I began packing stuff into my bag to avoid looking directly at him.

"But ya can't be out here by yourself..."

"Why?" I asked as an annoyed sound left my mouth.

"Why? 'Cause I don't want you to get hurt." He whispered.

I almost broke. I almost told him that I didn't want to be out here away from him. That I wanted to go back to the farm with him and see Maggie, and Beth, and Rick, and Carol. That I missed being in the group and I missed him. Almost. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What..?"

"Last time I saw you, you practically tore my heart out. You go 2 weeks without me and you're now all wanting me to be safe? You're the reason I'm out here. Not Shane, not Andrea, not how Sophia going missing reminds me of Wanda, how Maggie's house reminds me of running away from Ethan, not anybody or anything else, you Daryl. This is your fault."

"No. No, I don't believe that Y/n. I ended it but you left and you di-"

"Shut up before I break your jaw." I cut him off with as much venom as I could. He stopped talking real fast and I grabbed my bag and turned walking away from him. I quickly grabbed the last few things I needed and started walking out of the broken store.

"Bye Glenn! Good luck finding Sophia! Tell Maggie, Carol, Beth, and Rick I miss them!" I called grabbing a few things and then leaving.

"Where the hell you think your goin'?" Daryl called after me.

"Away from you! Follow me and I swear to god you will regret it." I yelled with the most anger I've ever heard in my voice. I then walked out of the broken glass doors and away from Daryl and Glenn.

A/n

The next chapter will likely have a time skip to when Rick's group starts clearing the prison so quite a few months will have gone by meaning Y/n hasn't seen the group since before anyone knew Lori was pregnant, so roughly 7-8 months (I think she was a month or two in when Glenn found out I can't remember) also meaning that Y/n has a lot more cool stuff and we're gonna pretend she could find all this stuff easily in the apocalypse, but yeah so don't be shocked if I randomly mention that she has a brand new knife or shield or weapon or something.

{1155}