Prologue

Heavy rain was pounding down on your H/C locks as you frantically ran through the forest. Your feet were bare, many cuts and bruises forming every step you took. Your hair clung onto your damp face as you continued to run.

The only thing covering your shaking body was a white thin one piece that stopped at your upper thighs. Even that wasn't enough to save you. You kept pushing yourself as your energy was running low.

"Hey! I think I see it!" The familiar voice of one of the guards came from about a mile back. You were relieved knowing they weren't anywhere near you. And thankful for your advanced hearing.

Slightly slowing down, you rested on a damp tree. It was thick in size and it perfectly covered your figure. You slid down on the trunk, sitting on the wet grass. 

Everything hurt. No matter what you moved, it ached. Your slit E/C eyes dropped down to your piece of clothing. It barely covered anything, the rips stretching across every inch of the fabric. A tiny whine escaped your lips. 

The situation wasn't looking good for you. To worsen that, you didn't know how close you were to civilization. It wouldn't be good if you caught a cold either. And to add to that, you couldn't transform.

You were stuck in this half fox half human form and if you didn't fix that, someone would report you soon. It was irritating to say the least.

The footsteps of the many guards began to sound like it was getting closer. You slowly got up, using the tree as support. Then you sprinted, knowing you wouldn't make it very far. But you had to. If they caught you, it would be certain that you wouldn't see the light of day ever again.

It was painful. Very painful. Even when you tripped over a tree root. It was painful. But you kept running.

You quickly scanned the area again and came to realize that you were on an open road. Your ears  didn't pick up on any incoming cars either. 

"This road must be abandoned." You mumbled. 

The rain started to weaken, a light drizzle remaining. You limped down the road, hoping to find any sort of shelter that you could rest in for the time being. The guards were long gone; must've went towards another direction.

It was endless though. For every step you took, more road would be visible. And the more you felt helpless. To make matters even worse, you were fucking starving.

They rarely fed you back at the center, and all this running left you starved. Just as that thought crossed, an innocent bunny came hopping out of a bush. It's fur was a pure snow white and it's eyes were as big as ever. It's ear twitched cutely. Then it faced you.

You gulped in hunger. But at the same time, it was so cute and fluffy. You wouldn't dare lay your hands on it. 

The bunny scratched its head with its foot and hopped back off into its territory. You were on the urge of crying because you let such good food go to waste.

"No Y/n. You did the right-"

You didn't even have the courage to finish that sentence. Sluggishly, you continued to walk down the road.

It soon became light out and the rain completed stopped. But you were in no luck whatsoever. Your tail and ears did disappear so you were glad about that. You just had to figure out how to keep it like that.

You kicked a pebble, not minding how badly scraped your feet were. Since you were walking for so long, you'd gotten used to the pain and it became numb. A deep sigh came from you, almost giving up in finding anything.