Chapter 5

~Surprise! 2 chapters in one day cause I was bored, enjoy this one :)~

Discordance knocks on the door. "Mom, there are people here to see you."

"Send them in, bunny." A soft voice says.

She opens the door. I see an oldish aged lady sitting at a dance reading some papers.

"Hello, my bunny. Who do you have here...?" Her voice trails off as she spots me and Cheese.

"Applejack? You came? I never would've thought that you would after... Why are your eyes different?" She asks.

She realises her mistake and puts on her glasses. "Oh, I'm so sorry dear, for a second you looked like an old friend of mine. I thought she had finally come to visit, after all this while..." She shakes her head and smiles at me.

"You really look like her, dear. A younger version, of course, but so similar, except for those rainbow streaks in your hair and your eyes. Hair dye is bad for your hair, you shouldn't dye it."

I start to explain, then think better of it.

"Ma'am, we got kicked out of our houses and we need clothes. Do you know anyone?" I ask politely.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Her name is Rarity. She's the owner of Carousel Boutiques, you know that? She's the most generous person you'll ever meet, she gives away clothes for free, every saturday, which is... tomorrow! You're in luck, dear." She smiles at us.

She gives us the address of the one Rarity works at and offers to let us stay the night. We politely decline and thank her.

"Well, there you have it. When are we leaving?" Discordance says.

"We're gonna sleep in the car and leave at midnight, so we can get there right when it opens in the morning. By the way, can I call you Discord for short?" Cheese asks.

She makes a face and tells us that Discord is her dad's name. "Just call me Shy. It's easier." She says.

"Okay, Shy." I grin. "See you at midnight."

Time Skip

It's midnight. Me and Cheese woke up to the alarm clock. We wait for Shy before going off. We make small talk in the car, Cheese is driving right now.

"Your mom lets you dye your hair? Mine doesn't. Something about the chemicals in your head or something." She rolls her eyes.

"No, my mom doesn't let me dye my hair either. I was born with random rainbow streaks in my hair. Now if my hair has been a darker colour it would've been fine, but I have straw blond hair, like my mom, so yea. You have no idea how many people I've had to tell that. Teachers especially."

"Ohhh..." she nods.

We turn on the radio and drive with it on for as long as possible.

"Want an energy drink?" I offer her.

"Sure." She grabs one.

"Why not me? I'm the one driving." Cheese whines.

"Because you will get hyper, drive us into a tree and laugh your head off." I reply, drinking the good stuff out of the bottle in my hand.

Time skip

We get to the boutique on time. I drove the rest of the way here. The boutique already has a long line outside, and it hasn't even opened yet. I groan inwardly, looking at the long line of people.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Follow me." Shy says and runs off. Me and Cheese exchange glances before following her.

It turns out she found a backdoor. She picks a lock and breaks in. "How do you know all this stuff?" Cheese asks.

"When you have two overprotective parents, you learn things." She says, opening the door.

It opens into a massive space, with clothes everywhere.

"Who are you and are you doing here?" I hear a voice say and we turn around slowly.

I see a lady with purple, carefully styled hair, white skin and wearing a purple fur coat.

"Hey, Aunt Rare." Shy says.

"Discordance! Darling, how nice to see you! Where's your mother?"

"She actually doesn't know we're here. This is Lil' Cheese, her mom is called Pinkie Pie. This is Autumn Blaze, her mom is Applejack." Shy steps aside to reveal us.

The lady's eyes widen and she looks around before leading us silently to a room. She closes the door behind us, and takes a seat.

She puts her sunglasses down and looks at us, her blue eyes piercing through us.

"You're here to ask about your mothers, aren't you?"