Chapter 7: A day full of surprises

Phantom's POV:
letting out a sigh for what feels like 100 times today, I turned to look again at the girl who is still unconscious. This is just something I couldn't believe, there are other dragon riders, I'm not alone. But what is she doing here? I checked every nearby island many times, and every time it was either isolated of Vikings, or none-friendly-to-dragons Vikings. So that means she came from a far island, not to mention her dragon, Deadly Nadders are not likely to live in the cold.
I groaned when I realized I won't be getting any answers until she wakes up. Sparks must have sensed my frustration because he came and let out a cooed before pushing his head against my chest.
'I need some fresh air' I thought as I let out a sigh before looking at Sparks and starts scratching his should a bit causing him to purr and lean more into my hand.
"What do you say bud?" I asked Sparks as he straightened up and looked at me "Wanna go on a flight? Maybe even patrol nearby for any dragon hunters' activities"
At that, Sparks let out one of his gummy smiles with his tongue rolling out from the side of his mouth while he purred, approving the idea. I let out a soft laugh at the silly act of my dragon. I still can't believe I ever wanted to be a dragon killer, specifically kill this one.
"Alright then!" I said, already feeling better from Sparks, while climbing onto the saddle on Sparks' back.
As we both flew out of the cave, I couldn't help but feel grateful for Sparky, he always knew how to make me happy and remove my stresses, even by just flying. I looked down at my scaley friend, I placed my hand on his head and gave it a short scratch causing him to purr and turn his head to the side a bit to look at me.
"Buddy" I said with a soft smile on my face "thank you, you are amazing" I said as I scratched the underside of his cheek causing Sparky to purr loudly and give me one of his dragon-like smiles.
ELSEWHERE
"Alright guys, ready?" 18-year-old Hiccup said on Toothless back as he looked back at his friends.
"Yeah yeah, whatever. Let's kick some butt!" Snotlout exclaimed as he and Hookfang flew past Hiccup and Toothless.
"Just remember the plan!" Hiccup shouted back while the others flew behind him.
"Yeah!" Tuffnut said "Wait what plan?" then asked, suddenly confused.
"If we forget the plan, we use our usual plan dear bro. Blow things up!" Ruffnut exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air with Tuffnut doing the same "HOHOHO YEAAH!"
"Guys, this is a stealth mission" Fishlegs said, trying (and failing) to get the twin and Snotlout to listen to him.
"Fishlegs is right, guys. We need to be stealthy and quiet to make sure we don't get spotted by the hunters" Astrid said before glaring at the twin "that means no explosions yet"
LINEBREAK
In the night sky, Phantom was watching hunters' ship from his spyglass.
"Alright buddy, let's see how we do this" Phantom said as he put his spyglass aside and placed his hand on Sparky's head.
Sparks looked at Phantom and growled in agreement while gaining a mischievous smirk causing Phantom to smirk under his helmet.
Just as the two were about to attack, they heard a high pitch whistle causing them to stop and look to find 5 dragons towards the ship.
"Night fury!" one of the hunters on the ships exclaimed before the dragons attacked.
"So much for subtlety" Phantom muttered sarcastically causing Sparks to let out a dragon-like laugh before the two of them dove to join the dragons at attacking the ship. However, when they neared the dragons, they saw that each dragon had a rider on their backs.
Phantom's eyes widen before he let out a groan 'oh come on! I go on a flight and mission to attack the hunters to clear my mind after realizing I'm not the only dragon rider, only to find MORE dragon riders' Phantom thought before shaking his head 'Focus Phantom, you need to help them. You can get your answers later.'
"Well Sparky, let's shock them as much as we are" Phantom smirked before Sparks let a roar with thunder roaring with them as lightning cracked through the sky causing the dragon riders and the hunters to turn and look before a lightning blast hit the winches that were holding the Monstrous Nightmare, destroying it.
"It's the Phantom!" yelled one of the hunters while the riders gasped.
"A skrill!?" exclaimed Astrid in shock.
"You don't say!" Snotlout said sarcastically, but in shock as much as her.
"You all are gonna awe at my dragon, or gonna help take down the ship?" Phantom shouted, surprising them before they nodded.
"OK, riders on the Nightmare, Zippleback and Nadder, keep the Hunters distracted and draw their fire away!" Phantom ordered as he pointed at the twin, Astrid and Snotlout.
"Gronckle boy, destroy the winches! Night Fury, with me!" Phantom ordered.
"Who are you to order us? I bet i have a better plan!" Snotlout said as he glared at Phantom.
Phantom rolled his eyes he looked at Snotlout "Then please, oh so great Nightmare rider, enlighten us with your perfect, unbeatable plan!" Phantom said sarcastically causing the others to snicker slightly as Snotlout kept opening and closing his mouth, but came up with nothing.
"Snotlout, just do as he says!" Hiccup hissed causing the others to nod and do as Phantom said, while Phantom looked deep in thought. 'Snotlout? This name seems familiar' he thought before getting snapped out of his thoughts as he noticed the others were already following his orders.
Phantom nodded towards Hiccup "Thanks, this way!" he said before he flew to the side of the ships.
"Alright, what do we do?" Hiccup asked as looked at phantom.
"Fire here, here and there" Phantom said as he pointed at particular parts of the ship "they are weak spots of the ship" Hiccup nodded.
"Toothless, plasma blast!"
"Sparky, shock wave!"
The two strike class dragons fired at the same time causing their shots to collide with each other. The skrill's lightning met the night furies plasma blast. The impact created a miniature ball of energy which quickly exploded causing the ship to be blasted to the side with a massive hole in the side of it where the blasts hit, causing water to get in the ship and letting the dragons fly out of.
"Woah!" exclaimed Hiccup and the others, whom had witnessed the impact of the blasts.
Phantom smirked under his helm before scratching Sparks' neck causing him to purr.
"Nice job, Sparky," Phantom said as he turned towards the other riders.
"Great job everyone" Hiccup praised before turning to phantom "and thank you for your help"
Hiccup said, directing the last part to Phantom, who smiled and nodded his head.
"Any time. Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates dragon hunters" Phantom said
"And we are glad we are not the only ones that are dragon friendly in these parts" Hiccup said as the others nodded. Due to their peace with dragons, they made many enemies. The only place that they know that is dragon friendly, is their home island, Berk.
"Likewise, I don't believe I got your names" Phantom said.
Hiccup smiled "I'm Hiccup and this is toothless, the rider on the deadly nadder is Astrid and her dragon Stormfly" Hiccup said as he patted Toothless' head before pointing at Astrid, who smirked and nodded her head in greetings.
"I'm Fishlegs, and my dragon is Meatlug, the sweetest and most caring Gronckle ever!" Fishlegs said as he hugged Meatluf, who licked him in return.
"Behold! The great and mighty Tuffnut! Along with his sister, Ruffnut, who insisted on coming"
Tuffnut said, causing another mini-fight to break out between the twins.
The others rolled their eyes while Snotlout muttered "Muttonheads"
Snotlout, realizing he is the only one who still have yet introduced himself, huffed, crossed his arms and puffed his chest before saying "Snotlout"
The others then turned to Phantom, who was silent during the introductions, waiting for him to say his name. However, if Phantom didn't have his helm on, they would see the shocked expression that wore his face.
'Hiccup? Is it really him?' Phantom thought in shock before noticing the others had silenced, and now gazing at him in concern and curious looks.
Phantom shook his head to clear his thoughts before couching to clear his throat "Ahem, Pardon me. You may call me Phantom" He said before electricity was reflected off of Sparks' scales and his armor.
"Now if you excuse us, we have places to go to" Phantom said as Sparks let out a roar before shooting upwards, leaving a trail of electricity that lasted for a second before fading away.
Phantom could of swore he heard a faint 'Wait!' but there were too many thoughts on his mind to care for now. He had a lot to think about, and he now remembered that he has a 'guest' waiting for him back at his home, conscious or unconscious.
Phantom sighed, he really didn't have the energy for anything other than relaxing, thinking and sleeping after what happened.
'Well,' Phantom thought with another sigh 'Today sure has been exciting. A day full of surprises'
With that in mind, he made his way back home. Unaware of the events that were about to unfold when he returns.

I AM NOT DEAD! I know i have been inactive lately, but here is a new chapter of Legend of the Phantom, hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think in the comments below