i promise ~ peter parker 1

after thanos had wiped out most of the population for five years, and the final battle had happened, a lot had changed

after thanos had wiped out most of the population for five years, and the final battle had happened, a lot had changed. peter had changed a significant amount since tony died. you were laid in bed, trying to sleep, but the constant reminder of peter being so distant was playing on your mind endlessly. you rolled over again, curling up further, tired of feeling the way you did. you had just drifted off when your mum walked into your room, waking you up. "sorry, i thought you'd still be awake." she sighed. you rubbed your eyes, yawning. "what's up?" you questioned, trying to get your eyes to adjust to the dim lighting. "come see." she smiled, before leaving.
you groaned, peeling yourself from the warmth of your bed. you shivered, walking down the stairs. your eyes were met with a sight you had least expected. you felt a smile creeping onto your face, but you didn't once move from your spot half way down the stairs.
"hey." peter said, giving you a small smile. "look, i'm sorry i didn't come to see you. things have been we-" he was cut off by you jumping into his arms, wrapping your legs round his waist and nuzzling your face into the crook of his neck. he felt him chuckle. "i missed you so much." you whispered. "i know, i missed you." he replied, his grip around your back tightened.
"promise me you won't leave again?" you asked, lifting your head up, and releasing your legs from around his waist. he looked straight at you, "i promise, y/n." he reassured. you nodded, leaning up and giving him a peck on the lips, which caused him to smile down at you. "i won't ever leave you."