together ~ newt 1

thomas was adamant he was going to find a way into wicked

thomas was adamant he was going to find a way into wicked. it was dangerous, you all knew that, but thomas wasn't bothered, he had to find minho. you were stood in between thomas and newt, near the wall, where shots were about to get fired from inside wicked. newt was desperately trying to get thomas away, knowing that if you stayed it probably wouldn't end well.
after persuading him to leave, newt weaved his fingers in between yours, his grip felt like he'd never let you go, walking away before events started to unravel. at this point, you were trying to pull newt along. "come on newt, let's go!" you pleaded, but his attention was on a group of masked men, one of which had taken interest in the group of you, and was currently staring as they drove past.
however, as soon as you had gotten to a much quieter area, two vans corned you in, the group of men dragging you all into each one. "y/n! don't you dare lay a hand on her!" newt was shouting, as he fought against the hold of the man. you were put in a different van to newt, with thomas and brenda.
when you pulled up, the door was opened and you got out, confusion plastered all over your face.
"y/n!" newt said, grabbing you, pulling you against his body, snaking his arm around your waist in a protective manner.
one of the men asked questions, which resulted in him removing his mask, revealing a perfectly healed gally. "how?" you whispered, your voice breaking.
thomas attempted to fight him, punching gally in the face and pinning him against the ground. "i deserved that." he accepted, rubbing his jaw. "anyone else?" he asked. it stayed silent.
after gally had discussed why you were there, he had agreed to help you, and took you down to see someone. it was getting later, and you were gathered around a table, with a map, trying to figure out a plan. thomas was pushing his luck, and newt snapped, pinning him against the wall, leaving everyone shocked.
newt left and went to sit outside, which you followed. "what the hell was that?" you asked, slightly annoyed. he shrugged his shoulders, his eyes never leaving his feet. you staring at him, made him turn towards you. "you're staring." he stated, lifting a hand up to run his thumb across your face. "things are gonna change y/n." he paused. "and we're gonna lose people, and i need you to be ready for that." he asked, his eyes pleading. you just nodded, fearing that if you did say something, the tears would start to fall. newt noticed this, pulling you closer to him. "promise me you'll find someone that treats you just as good if i don't make it." he questioned. "no." you stated dryly. "for gods sake newt, your the one for me." you you added, chewing your lip. newt also picked up on this, leaning forward and kissing you for the first time in what felt like months. "i'm sorry." you breathed out, leaning your forehead against his. "what for?" his eyebrows were knitted together in confusion. you rolled your sleeve up, revealing your sting, which caused newt to let out a shaky breath, before rolling his up to reveal an almost identical sting. you leant your head against his shoulder. "i love you, newt." you whispered. "i love you more, love."