•17•

Chris was casually leaning against the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in his hands.

He had dropped by his mother's house for a little while before heading to a store he would frequently go to for groceries and bought whatever he thought either Scarlett or Rose would need, which had taken him nearly an hour. By the time he had gotten back home, it was nearly four.

He'd walked to his room, expecting to find Scarlett there but his room was empty. So he'd walked to the guest bedroom and found the two blondes sleeping there.
He had taken his time to admire Scarlett's beauty as she was dressed in his navy blue t-shirt, her arms protectively wrapped around her daughter and her short hair tousled.
He had wanted to pull the covers on her but seeing as she was sleeping on them, he realize he might wake her up; so instead he'd walked back to his room to take duvet from his bed and cover her with it.

Then he had gone to the kitchen and fixed himself a good cup of coffee that he was sipping on until he heard muffled noises. He walked out the kitchen to the stairs only to find Rose sitting on the third step from the top.

He stood in silent and watched her as she slowly slipped to the next step and couldn't help himself but chuckle at her cuteness.
Scarlett hadn't been allowing Rose to climb stairs without the supervision of an adult and the scene in front of him was too cute to resist.

She looked up at him with puppy eyes and raised her hands to his direction "Uncle Chris, help" she pouted and got another chuckle at the sound of his name coming out as Chwis. With a smile spread over his face, he walked up to her and pulled her to his embrace "I've got you, princess"

He smiled as she curled her arms around his neck and giggled as his beard tickled her skin. He walked her to the living room
"Do you wanna watch something?" He asked her gently as he put her on the sofa.
She nodded excitedly
"And are you hungry?" He asked her with a soft smile as he turned on the TV and put on the Disney Chanel for her.
"Yes!" She nodded with her puppy eyes again. He smiled and stood up to walk to the kitchen "I'll get you some snacks."

He walked back to the kitchen and started making a play date snacks for her of fruits and biscuits. He poured her a glass of milk and placed all on a tray and took it to the living room to place it on the coffee table.

Scarlett had told him that the two of them had had lunch on the plane so he didn't have to worry about fixing her a meal on his own right then, he would wait for Scarlett to wake up and then they could fix their dinner together.
He sat next to her and she leaned to his side. He looked down at her watching TV and his eyes sparkled with admiration; she was barely three and there was already too much of Scarlett in her, making her more lovable all the much.
He stretched one hand on the sofa and let her watch the cartoons in peace as he scrolled down on his phone.

Scarlett woke up to find herself sleeping alone on the bed with no sign of her daughter. Being at Chris' house for the first time, she didn't know if her daughter would be safe wondering around the house alone and a wave of panic started to wash over her; but a distant sound caught her attention as she bolted out the room to the staircase.
Realizing the sound was a mixture of Rose and Chris' laughter and coming from downstairs, she felt relaxed and started to climb the stairs down with a wide smile plastered on her face.
At reaching the last step, she saw Chris and Rose sitting on the sofa while she watched tv and Chris was scrolling through his phone with one hand stretched on the back.

She approached them with the same smile and Rose was first to notice her. "Mommy!" Squealed and got a "Hi you two!" from her mother.

Chris looked up from his phone with a sweet smile "Hey! You good?" He asked her which she nodded in response and sat on the sofa next to her daughter.