𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫

- 5:35 p

- 5:35 p.m, 2041

The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky.

You adored the sun. It drops into the corner of the earth and splashes browns and reds and yellows and oranges into the world.

You gazed outside the foggy window behind Mama's desk, your clear eyes transfixed on the setting sun. Soon, the moon will take over the sky and rule the darkness.

It almost made you forget why you're in Isabella's study in the first place. The sky has that effect on people.

Yawning, you turned around to face her, and there she was— standing at the opposite side of the room, arranging the papers on her desk autonomously. She felt your gaze on her. she looked back at you with her deep purple eyes. You couldn't help but shudder. You could sense the coldness under the layers of warmth and comfort in her eyes.

She smiled, abandoned what she was doing and approached you, Her soft footprints tearing the painfully awkward silence in the room.

You've always been curious and fascinated about Mama Isabella. She does her day-to-day duties in an orderly manner without breaks. She's more like a robot than an actual human.

There's something very strange about her. Even as a small child, you could already sense it.

Your heart thumped in your chest as she got closer and closer to you. You didn't know why you were feeling this way towards her. Maybe it was because she reminded you of a predator sneaking up to its prey.

Mama Isabella stood in-front of you, easily towering your petite frame. She cupped your cheek and brushed her thumb gently against your skin. "(Y/N), dear, I want you to listen to me."

"Yes, mama?" You looked up at her curiously, trying to shake away the previous thoughts in your head.

"I've noticed that you and Lorelei have gotten pretty close." She says in a gentle tone.
"How about you accompany her to the gate with me tonight? She'd definitely be pleased" She plastered a loving smile on her face. You stared up at her, shocked and confused.

"But don't tell anyone, okay? It's our little secret." She leaned in and whispered in your ear. Your face lit up immediately. "Really?! I would love to, mama!"

You threw your little arms around her neck.

You've always wanted to see what was on the other side of the gate. Knowing that you get to explore a new area is very thrilling to you.

But that wasn't the main reason you were excited. You absolutely loved Lorelei. She's almost like a second mother to the younger kids. She has the kindest, most precious soul ever.
She has been very open about wanting to be a mother when she grows up...
It suits her very well.