𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐲

" 𝐖𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. "

- Ray's POV- 12:30 p

- Ray's POV
- 12:30 p.m, 2045

I know that (Y/N) is hiding something from me.

I know her. I know when something is off just from her body language and her tone.

In a world full of deceit and lies, she's the only one I can trust with my whole heart and soul, so it's quite painful to know that she doesn't trust me the same way.

What's going on in that head of yours?

She's so frustratingly confusing that it makes me want to understand her even more. I want to dive into her thoughts, into the vulnerable parts of her soul that she hasn't shown to anyone.

I can't help but stare at her as she talks to the other kids across the table. The way she tucks a stray hair behind her ear to the way she squints her eyes when she smiles is so captivating.

Everything about her is beautiful.

I have been in love with her before I even knew what love was.

But given our circumstances, there's no time for silly things like love. What's important to me right now is that she lives a happy, and free life outside these walls.

Maybe then I'd get the privilege to be her lover.

- 2nd person

You couldn't help but feel envious of the joyful and energetic kids around you.

There was a time in your life when you were just like all of them—happy and innocent. A time when you could smile genuinely, a time when you didn't feel a single ounce of pressure, a time when you'd wake up and not be terrified of the thought of your looming death, a time when you were able to enjoy the innocence and bliss of childhood.

And now, all of that is gone. In one breath, life billows and heaves, leaving behind only fragments of the person you used to be.

You bring your hand up to your face, surveying the crescent line that stretches across your palm.

Your hands are small, yet they're rough and calloused from the excessive training you had to endure for 4 years. This is not what a child's hand is supposed to look like.

You snapped out of your thoughts and continued eating, heart throbbing uncomfortably in your chest.

Ray's plan will commence tomorrow. He'll be using Conny's doll as bait to get Norman and Emma inside the gate. It's a very cruel plan, but there's no other way.

If all goes well, all four of you can escape this orphanage together.

All you can do is pray that the plan goes through smoothly and successfully.