Sweet

Song to go with this: Confession/Home - Toby Fox

Author's note: My fics don't have to be read together, they are stand alone pieces but they do come together to form a cohesive story of G. and the reader. Sorry for the weird P.O.V of writing for this one! I didn't notice it until I was almost done writing it but I still hope you enjoy it if anyone stumbles upon this :)

"* hey, sleepy-head. get uppp."

Awoken by the gentle yet husky voice of Sans trying to wake you up, the faint sound of the morning birds chirping in the yard outside soon faded into the background sound. However, you didn't feel like waking up just yet. It was a Saturday and you so badly wanted to continue sleeping in, even if it was 11 in the morning already.

Feeling someone persisting and trying to shake you awake gently, you tossed and turned to his side, slowly waking up to the pleasant sight of the person responsible for trying to drag you out of bed, G. He was already sat up, opening and searching through the bedside drawers in hopes of finding a spare stash of cigarettes tucked away that you always hid fromhim because smoking wasn't good for his health... but he didn't have lungs to inhale all that nicotine anyway. So would it really be unhealthy for him? He knew it wasn't but he just played along with you.

"* where did you put the rest of my cigarettes anyways?" He promptly asked just as you noticed him searching for them. You rubbed your eyes, carefully allowing your eyes to be slowly adjusted to the ray of sunlight shining in from the window He was always an early bird yet also a night owl. Did he ever need sleep? He was always the first to be up, yet the last to go to bed, or sometimes, he didn't even sleep. This was one of the rare times he chose to sleep in because he was so exhausted from training his combat skills yesterday and his HP was not known for being the best.

At night, he was always up to do something, such as tinkering with old mechanisms he found in the ruins, writing scientific reports on new artefacts he discovered, or even playing the bass guitar. At 4 in the morning. He sure was oddly amusing, and you were sure glad he was a magical skeleton that could block out sound, otherwise the neighbours would have had it with them by now. He did keep you up though, not that you mind, you loved listening to the rifts he freshly learned on the bass guitar and would share with you in your slumber-like state.

When you first met him at the waterfalls, you thought he was probably just an eye-candy airhead you would get over in a month MAX but you were SO so wrong. At first glance, you wouldn't have thought a punk (/affectionate) like him would have been a past high ranking royal scientist before retiring from that to pursue what he truly desired, music. And goddamn, he was a hella good musician too.

He was just perfect at everything he touched, and you were surprised when he confessed his crush on you. You, never in your wildest dreams, would have thought an intelligent sweetheart would have been into someone average like you.

That doesn't mean you didn't like being with him romantically though. You greatly treasured every single moment you spent with him, even if it meant listening to his long-winded theories and talks about timelines and the multiverse that no one could ever prove existed yet. He had always been determined to prove and bring forth evidence that such a multiverse existed ever since he was recruited as a scientist. Even if he retired from being a royal scientist and had less resources than he used to, that didn't stop his ambition and plans to prove something he wholeheartedly believed in.

And that was one thing that made him so charming to you. Other than his intelligence, the charisma he exuded, it was his determination in his passions that drew you towards him. He was an absolute catch.

You were snapped back into reality when he softly mumbled towards you, trying to get your attention once again. "* are you awake, cutie? or is my face too mesmerising for you? you have been staring at me for an awfully long time."

Tick tock. The froggy clock hung up on the wall went on ticking as usual. It was a date idea you both carried out a while ago. You sculpted it out of clay and painted it while G. made it a functioning clock.

"O-oh? Sorry. Just taken aback by... nevermind but good morning, G."

"* come on, cat got your tongue? what has gotten you so flustered and smiling first thing in the morning... or soon to be afternoon?" He was already lighting up a cigarette, pulling the curtains apart, opening the windows of the room to let the smoke out and admiring the beautiful city-view outside. You hadn't even noticed you started smiling at the sight of him.

You both lived on a high-level floor apartment unit and there was nothing else G. wanted more, (other than you) than a perfect scenery to wake up to in the morning, and to sleep to at night. The city lights at night always fascinated him, and if someone ever came over, you would always notice him staring out for long periods of time just to appreciate the view before him. Sometimes, you would even come home to him painting the scenery on a canvas. He was a musician, a scientist, a mechanic and an artist. What other talents was he hiding?

"You, silly."

"* ...huh?"

Tick tock tick.

And you could now obviously see a wave of flushness and red spread about his cheeks. This was a rare sight of him, he never easily got flustered, and he praised himself on that note. Well, too bad for him, he was the flustered one now for once now and he was stunned. He was always the flirty one and how the turntables have...turned. It didn't help that he was exhausted, but hearing such a comment from you chirped him up a little, just a little tiny bit as he would say. He wasn't especially fond of expressing his flustered self but he was okay if it was with you.

His smirk slowly turned into a confused yet sincere smile of grace, slowly making eye contact with you. He liked it, but he sure didn't expect to get cheesy first thing in the morning when he just woke up a few moments ago.

"* ...getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we? you're bold. well... too bad it's not gonna work on me, get up, darling."

"Huh? I'm not joking, you hardheaded skull. Why else would I date you? I love you." It was a sudden declaration of love but could you really contain yourself? Sometimes you really just wake up, amazed at the fact you managed to get together with someone like HIM... who was clearly out of everyone's league. And those were one of the days.

Gazing at you lovingly, he found himself speechless, slowly exhaling the smoke from the cigarette. He... never considered himself someone people could easily touch or get close to, yet you existed and proved that wrong. He couldn't help but madly fall in love with you even more each day when you were this cute, even if he will never admit how deeply and obsessive his love was for you.

With a refreshed smile on his face and eyes spelling hearts plastered on him, he dejectedly sighs, falling defeatedly to your confession. Putting out the cigarette and tossing it away, he gently slides back into bed to cuddle with you.

"* guess i will ignore morning's call today. just for you." His arms bundled around you, never wanting to let go, resting his face in the crook of your neck.

You were in love, and this was a feeling you never wanted to let go of ever again. Especially if it was him.